Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 6 months ago

My wife is such an angry person should I ask for a divorce?

2 years ago my wife and I moved 16 hours from friends and family for my job. The area we are in has very limited job opportunities and we knew that when moving here. Almost everything here is retail, restaurant, or seasonal work. My wife has been struggling for 2 years now to find full time work and is currently working 3 retail jobs to help us get by. She’s become a very angry person. She screams at me constantly, tells me she can’t do this anymore, cries all the time. We haven’t had sex in 8 months. She won’t sleep in the same bed as me. She wants me to quit my job and the two of us move without work to a new area. I love living by the beach. I love my job and I’m getting a promotion in the next 2 months which should help us with income. I don’t want to leave this area I’m happy here. We have a really nice home that is completely paid off so we have no mortgage to worry about. Before anyone suggests my wife go back to school she has a bachelors and masters degree. Going back to school is not financially an option for us. I’m considering asking for a divorce. She’s such an angry person and it’s becoming abusive at this point. I’ve never seen her act like this in the 9 years we’ve been married.

Can anyone offer me some advice on what to do?

• Sandy
    Favorite Answer

take her on a vacation to someplace really nice like Paris, Venice or a river cruise down the Danube or something. happy wife, happy life. and maybe marriage counseling would help too.

She could be depressed. Get her to see her doctor bc depression causes temper etc

Advice"? If she is working three jobs and you one and still can't get by then the area is TOO expensive for you two to live and YOU need to stop being selfish since you are the only one who is happy here.She gave you two years to get things in a better place but she isn't happy - too far away from friends and family and working too hard to make new friends where you are.

Go home and re-establish yourself

I worked in restaurants when my husband and I lived in Florida. There is the possibility of making really good money in that field. If a restaurant job does NOT offer the possibility of making good money... a person walks down the street and gets a better house to work in. If your wife is NOT making good money but has built a bit of a restaurant experience resume.. encourage her to move WAY up in her expectations of where she can work. There might be more money available in a part time job in the right "house" than her Master's degree might pull in. That sounds crazy but.. well.. I've waited on a lot of working women who spend tremendous amounts of money on their grooming and appearance and wardrobe and I think my take home pay was every bit as high as theirs and I didn't have to spend much at all on my appearance and none on my wardrobe. Encourage her to market her ability to handle people from a wide variety of backgrounds, her secure mathematical background, and her understanding of business values and priorities. And, in any retail or service job, she does NOT lead with her Master's Degree. That screams she's not sticking around. Lead with what she can offer to that particular business. She can land one 28 hour a week job that gives her take home cash (tips) $700-800+ a week on top of her paycheck. That's helpful in a part time job.

Or, possibly, she just hates that line of work. Some do.

Bottom line, if you love your one job and she's having to work 3 jobs to cover expenses... that is totally unfair to her! That's crazy unfair.

Free the 🐦 bird. She wants unchanging now. You are happy there and she deserves to be happy also. Best to the both of you.

• Ana

So you moved to an area with no friends, and no job opportunities for her? Yeah I can see why she’s angry bro. You’re f*ucking up.

Ah yes, I believe your wife also wrote us, with a much different description, of course. From her perspective, there is no genuine job opportunity where you live, and you refuse to leave the beach. Well, if your marriage is so unhappy, if the beach is that important to you, it may be time for the two of you to agree on at least something: divorce.

wow, how selfish....you are.

You love your job, you love living by the beach, you are happy where you live, but yet you didn't say you love your wife.

you moved and took a job that was NOT!! able to support your family. Your wife, who is educationed has to work 3!!!!!!!!!!!! jobs to support the family and moved 16 hours away from family (and you can't go back to visit because you don't earn enough. AND you are blaming her for being mad.

What type of crappy job do you have that can support you and your wife - even when you don't have a mortgage!

Maybe the real question here, why isn't your wife DIVORCING YOUR A**