Water dripping from lightbulb (urgent, please help)?

I accidentally spilled a bucket full of water on my bathroom floor and while I tried to dry it up I noticed water was dripping from one of the downstairs lights.

I've left the light for a couple hours and cleaned up the mess in the bathroom. Is it safe for me to use that light or am I gonna have to call an electrician? This is the second time this has happened (My mum also spilled a load of water a year ago and the water dripped out of the same light).

Can I still use this light or is it a fire hazard?

Favorite Answer

tomorrow, after it dries out, it should be ok. The floor needs to be repaired, btw. it should retain small amounts of water

NO fire hazard here, and perhaps a light shock to touch it until it dries out. same as last time

• gerald

do not turn the light on for a while if there was a problem the electric would blow a fuse but there is damp in the socket and switching the light on may cause it to blow it doesn't hurt anything to leave it off does it

The same thing happened in the restaurant I currently work in. Basically, do not turn off the light, and let the thing dry off for couple of hours and it will be safe to use again.