Making raised platforms in aquarium out of rocks and silicone?

Alright, so I don't believe I've ever seen anyone do something like this? (If you know someone who has or have done it yourself please let me see? :D) I really want to make some elevated levels in my 55 gallon aquarium. My idea is to take rocks (they're all about 1-2inches long), and "glue"... show more Alright, so I don't believe I've ever seen anyone do something like this? (If you know someone who has or have done it yourself please let me see? :D) I really want to make some elevated levels in my 55 gallon aquarium. My idea is to take rocks (they're all about 1-2inches long), and "glue" them together with aquarium silicone (black, because my rocks, and substrate are black). The walls would be about 6-8 inches tall and about 12 inches wide. They would have to support sand pushing against it as well, does anyone think it can be done? I can add big rocks on either side (then cover them with sand) to add extra support? Also, I'd silicone it to the sides and bottom for extra stability! :)