VAA
VAA asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 6 months ago

Is it worth it to bid and buy abandoned storage units?

There are auctions here all the time but I'm afraid of ending up with a unit full of trash.

• Who
    Favorite Answer

Its a gamble - you will make money on some and you will lose money on some

try going to watch some auctions and see if you can work out how much the stuff inside would be worth TO YOU - bet you cant

the trick with buying storage units is knowing who you can sell the stuff to that you buy and get a good price

It's a gamble, and that is why there are stupid TV shows about this.

• Nuff Sed

The "stupid TV shows about this" are 100 percent faked.

If all you see there is "trash", then why would you bid on it? Use common sense. Perhaps, this sort of business is not up your alley.

u could watch on YouTube some people are buying a sorage unit FOR REAL, without producers planting there smth valuable for the tv show. and then they try to get rid of it for money. and u also have to CLEAN the storage unit, so u can not just leave there the stuff u do not want. i wouldn't do it

• Judy

generally no, but you might get lucky

you pay your money and you take your chances.

If you are afraid, then don't do it. It is obviously a gamble and probably most of the units have been abandoned because the contents are not worth the rent on the unit.

It's like one of those kinder eggs prizes😅

I just lost my unit to auction. $45 bucks. I hope that person burns in hell.

Along with my storage company. I would have had the money the following week. Instead of $350, they got $45. **** them!

So, if you have no soul and don't care you're buying stuff from people who may have been on hard times, then sure. Go ahead.

• tiescore

Guess you should've taken whatever job you could find and paid them. Not the storage companies fault you are irresponsible.

• Ar

It just a show?