VAA
Lv 4
VAA asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 6 months ago

Is it worth it to bid and buy abandoned storage units?

There are auctions here all the time but I'm afraid of ending up with a unit full of trash.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Who
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Its a gamble - you will make money on some and you will lose money on some

try going to watch some auctions and see if you can work out how much the stuff inside would be worth TO YOU - bet you cant

the trick with buying storage units is knowing who you can sell the stuff to that you buy and get a good price

• 6 months ago

It's a gamble, and that is why there are stupid TV shows about this.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

The "stupid TV shows about this" are 100 percent faked.

• 6 months ago

If all you see there is "trash", then why would you bid on it? Use common sense. Perhaps, this sort of business is not up your alley.

• 6 months ago

u could watch on YouTube some people are buying a sorage unit FOR REAL, without producers planting there smth valuable for the tv show. and then they try to get rid of it for money. and u also have to CLEAN the storage unit, so u can not just leave there the stuff u do not want. i wouldn't do it

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

generally no, but you might get lucky

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

you pay your money and you take your chances.

• 6 months ago

If you are afraid, then don't do it. It is obviously a gamble and probably most of the units have been abandoned because the contents are not worth the rent on the unit.

• 6 months ago

It's like one of those kinder eggs prizes😅

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I just lost my unit to auction. $45 bucks. I hope that person burns in hell.

Along with my storage company. I would have had the money the following week. Instead of $350, they got $45. **** them!

So, if you have no soul and don't care you're buying stuff from people who may have been on hard times, then sure. Go ahead.

• ...Show all comments
    • tiescore
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Guess you should've taken whatever job you could find and paid them. Not the storage companies fault you are irresponsible.

• Ar
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

It just a show?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.