Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 5 months ago

Can I use Johnson s Aloe Vera Oil on Lice?

My daughter has hair lice and I used tea tree oil and it s damn killing those lice.Yay

The problem is that her hair is becoming dry.

Can I use a Jhonson s aloe vera oil to smothen it?

Her hair type is straight and I used to use this oil on her hair from time to time.

I don't think aloe Vera oil is going to kill the lice. You have to wait till the the lice is done and the add some aloe

No you cannot use that

• kelvin

no you can not....

It will do nothing for the lice and little for the hair. The problem is the tea tree oil. It has been studied extensively and found to be ineffective against lice. It doesn't kill them, it merely puts them in a state of hibernation. Lice can't "suffocate" because they don't breathe the way we do. When oxygen is cut off they hibernate and wake up a week or two later just as hungry as ever. iIr becomes and endless cycle of seemingly being lice free and then being itchy and buggy again. Instead use something proven to qork. Use an insecticide based shampoo or lotion from the drug store and use according to directions. Look for one that kills adults and nits -the egg sacs that stick to the hair. These kill the bugs and leave the hair clean and not dried out. You might need to use it more than once or twice. After clean all bedding, combs, hats and anything that touches the hair.

So you use it on her from time to time but for some reason you're asking for permission now? Makes sense

yes.............................................

give it a try .......................

yep. i’m not sure if it’ll do anything though other than soothe

I don't think aloe vera oil is going to kill the lice

wait until the lice is done and then add some aloe

Some conditioner would work. But I'm sure you could use that also.