Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 6 months ago

Can I deposit my mother’s check into my bank account?

My mom closed the bank account shared between her and my father after he passed away. The bank sent out a check addressed to her to my address since she does not live in the US. It’s not a lot of money anyways. She wants it to get deposited into my bank account. I don’t know if I can. Or what she has to sign. On the back there is a part that says payee’s endorsement. I have chase btw and they had Citibank. I just want to make sure I do this properly.

No, you cannot put someone else's check into your account. You will have to mail it to her and have her sign it over to you and then return it to you. THEN, you can deposit it.

she signs it over to you, then you deposit it. Pay to the order off Son, signed Mom.

You can't sign for her unless you have a power of attorney or other legal document authorizing yourself.

• Judy

She has to sign it over to you. Your bank might require her to come in with you.

• Kenny

Like pearl says , the bank would know the correct way to do things .

i would ask your bank about it