Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 6 months ago

Can I deposit my mother’s check into my bank account?

My mom closed the bank account shared between her and my father after he passed away. The bank sent out a check addressed to her to my address since she does not live in the US. It’s not a lot of money anyways. She wants it to get deposited into my bank account. I don’t know if I can. Or what she has to sign. On the back there is a part that says payee’s endorsement. I have chase btw and they had Citibank. I just want to make sure I do this properly.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

No, you cannot put someone else's check into your account. You will have to mail it to her and have her sign it over to you and then return it to you. THEN, you can deposit it.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

she signs it over to you, then you deposit it. Pay to the order off Son, signed Mom.

• 6 months ago

You can't sign for her unless you have a power of attorney or other legal document authorizing yourself.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

She has to sign it over to you. Your bank might require her to come in with you.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Kenny
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Like pearl says , the bank would know the correct way to do things .

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

i would ask your bank about it

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.