Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 months ago

Proof of an afterlife?

Please give me a sensible answer and not just the bible says so. I want more proof b/c I'm afraid of dying.

• Al

I had a NDE nearly 40 years ago, I was raised kind of fearing God more than anything, I certainly didn't want to go to hell, I was saved in my church at 13 years of age, at about 14 years old, I came home from school exhausted from football practice, I laid on my couch for a nap, what I didn't realize is that I cut off my airway when I fell asleep, out of nowhere I became very aware of being awake and in a bit of a fog, but I wasn't scared, but I was wondering where I was, the more I started thinking, the more things started to become clear, I felt for a wall. and then I stumbled onto one, I followed it to a door, I entered it, and it opened into a stairway, although it seemed real, it could have been happening to my mind symbolically, I knew the stairs led to somewhere that I could not come back from, and I took a few steps forward and in an instant, a pinpoint of light appeared in front of me and out of it steps Jesus himself, I was not expecting that, talk about shocked, my human mind told me to fall and worship him.....oops..... apparently that wasn't what Jesus wanted me to do, he helped me to my feet and gave me a loving experience, I wasn't to remember the details of everything other than I was here for a purpose of experiencing something, almost like some spiritual growth lesson, but there was zero judgement other that what I felt for myself, and I was made to recognize that we are judging ourselves, not God, the reason we struggle with that is, the ego mind of the body has planted the seed of fear and separation into the mind of the flesh.....Once I knew I was to return to my body which I felt no connection to whatsoever, I felt like I was time warped backwards and body slammed back into this gross carcass, it was painful at first, I opened my eyes and forgot how to breath, then I heard a voice say " breath " and I slowly drew a breath until it became normal......my mind raced for days over the experience, I tried telling my parents, but it might as well had been a dream in their opinion, fortunately I know the difference between the two..... long story short, I don't go to church, but I love God and Jesus, I don't follow human narratives on religion, even though there is much truth in the bible, it is heavily edited and written for a different generation who understood metaphors from reality.....I now follow a course in miracles.

Perhaps this is just my personal quirk, but I believe that ostensible fear of death, at least in healthy people, actually translates as fear of life. Maybe something about living fully frightens you?

• Carym

Just think about the shortness of life, and the certainty of death, for a moment. Sorry, I forgot that the 'confused state of mind' will do anything to suppress the soul. The idea of 'the permanency of death' seldom was entertained in the mind of man, be it 'saint or sinner?' Only a few "......" have dared to believe that death ends all, and much too late have realized the contrary!

To deviate from the TRUTH is extremely dangerous and overwhelming because it not only creates a false view of 'self' but also of everything and everyone around you.

To be honest, we've never seen "nothing". All we've ever seen is that which exists. Even if we look at the space between things, there is stuff in there too. Even the "nothing" between atoms has something in it. No one has ever proven that non-existence is possible not even through annihilation.

Born again Christians will soon be Raptured without experiencing physical death---[1 Thessalonians 4:17]; [1 Corinthians 15:51-53]---This is the next event on the prophetic calendar. "Definitely something to look forward to."

• Carym

This 'soulless' person has long been disarmed and handcuffed without even knowing it. He just needs to be gagged.

Can you honestly say that YOU have absolute Truth? "Of course not!"
      Still, you consider yourself competition...?
      https://youtu.be/e54m6XOpRgU

Moral awareness alone proves an afterlife to any who can reason.

The faculty of moral awareness cannot arise from nothing but must be given.

Moral awareness informs of judgement for wrongdoing and 'no judgement' utterly nullifies moral awareness.

That judgement must be at the end of life, so an afterlife is proved.

There must therefore also be a Judge, and Who but the One who gave moral awareness?

Does something forbid you from reason?

• Broton

Well the rest flows from them, so...

Just insertion of the mention of living forever is why most of the ignorant joined Christianity in lat 1st century CE and 2nd Century CE. That was a big selling point, a huge lie and did the ignorant jump on that. They still do,.

• Broton

1 atheismisn't a culture, 2 beliefs mean nothing. There is no possible evidence of any kind of afterlife

• Saad M

The good proof is death.

Read the CHRISTIAN bible. That's all the proof you need

• aha3 months agoReport

Loll must be 10 year olds....not surprised. Wait nevermind even children know God exists

• Paul

It isn't the Bible that says so. It is the Word of God that says so. The Bible isn't a source of anything. It is just a collection of historical texts. Jesus Christ founded one Church, said it was to remain one, and promised that one Church that it would teach the fullness of truth until the end of time. That one Church has taught for 2,000 years that the afterlife is a fact. Therefore God Himself has taught it. And, that one Church compiled the Bible from its own writings, which is why the Bible includes this fact. Jesus never promised that a book would contain the fullness of God's truth. He promised that the one Church He founded would teach the fullness of God's truth.

• aha3 months agoReport

BobC- ummm The evidence is in the bible...can you not READ? Literally

The proof is everywhere around you.