Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingTeen & Preteen · 3 months ago

Am I a spoiled lazy brat?

Sometimes I feel that as a 13 year old I am nothing but a spoiled rotten brat. I feel guilty that I have been sheltered from the reality of the world my entire life and my parents have provided me with many luxuries other children don t have. I feel that at many times I act ungrateful and throw tantrums when the slightest thing doesn t go my way. I try to appreciate what I have, but I feel sometimes I m still taking things for granted. How can I change?

Am I a spoiled little brat?

I know for sure I am spoiled, and have some nice things for my age. But I am still wondering about the "brat" part. I do well in school and volunteer occasionally, but I also can expect everything to revolve around me and be impatient. Thank you all for your input.

I have ADHD it is a real condition and I guess I have been. But awareness is good. You might have a condition.

You do have to be careful though because fortunes can change and I really hope not but someone or something could take your parents money away one day.

You are normal. Awareness is good part of our development process. Try working on weaker points in your personality. For example think before in an emotional situation arises "How can I show self control in this situation... Post note to yourself on hiw you can inprove when you fall short. Much sucess!!

• Mike W

I'm not sure that an actual spoiled brat would have the self awareness to see that they're a spoiled brat. If that person were able to recognise those traits within themselves, and to see them as something negative that needs to be changed, they're already on the path to change.

• j153e

You write like a talented troll, so there's hope for you in creative writing.

Your intelligence shines through, troll or not, so in case you are for real, a few recommendations:

101 Things All Young Adults Should Know;

The Path of the Higher Self;

Youth: Creators of the Future.

I think that you are to be congratulated. Most kids who have been privileges to have all they want, simply take it for granted that what they have is theirs "by right", and never ever realise what lucky bastards they really are. You are very unusual in that you DO realise your good fortunate. Usually good fortune AND intelligence make very poor bedfellows, you seem to be different.

Best of luck.

I'll take troll for $1000 Alex.

i dont think so

i dont think so

First, stop expecting material things and stop asking for everyone to bend to your will. Grow up and realize that not everybody is as materially fortunate as you. Also, realize that you are a brat.

Why don't you volunteer to help out poor, elderly and/or disabled people. Learn about how rough life can be. Think about their unhappiness and show empathy for them.

You kind of are . You might never become a decent person. Sorry you can't really change genetics!