Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentGovernment · 4 months ago

Why do they want to kill social security in 2035?

Who's fault is it???

Democrats or Conservatives ??

Trump said they he plans to cut medicare and social security before he leaves the office. This will make him very unpopular with a large portion of people who have paid into these funds for decades. Trump doesn't want to be reelected.

• Zhu

Trumpvm hates Anericans.

• Judith

If you read the news then you know that Trump has stated that cuts will be made to Social Security and Medicare if he is re-elected. Why? Ask the Republicans; they didn't want social security in the first place. It is a political ploy. It is because of FDR and the Democrats that we have a Social Security program at all. BTW, 26 other countries have social security programs.

• RICK

Trump has said he will cut SS and medicare if he is reelected

Republicans have been trying to do so for years, if they ever actually do it they won't win another election for 50 years

Neither wants to kill it. But both sides have raided SS to pay for other programs. There is no SS trust fund. Congress long ago raided Social Security to pay for other stuff. Congress is inept, incompetent & dysfunctional.

social security can be saved if

1. the ceiling on taxable income is raised or removed. currently income that is above 110,000 is not taxed. That means a person making a billion dollars pay the same amount of social security taxes as someone making 110,000 dollars. since the rich are getting richer, they are depriving social security of funding, especially if they make their money by suppressing worker wages.

2. minimum wage increased, because the more money people earn, the more social security and medicare tax they pay.

3. permit immigrant workers to come to the USA to fill jobs that Americans either cannot or will not fill, since they will pay social security taxes.

Trump and the Republicans oppose all of these solutions. Therefore they are trying to kill social security. Democrats want to save security. They support all 3 solutions above.

• George

I support President Trump.

I agree with statemen 1.

I disagree with Statement 2. People earning more would pay more into Social Security & Medicare, however, every time the minimum wage goes up, hours go DOWN.

I agree with Statement 3 with the proviso that the immigrants must be LEGAL.

• Bill

Who is they?

I want to kill social security because I never consented to be part of it and yet I'm forced to pay for it anyway. Forcing me to do something just makes me hate it more and I hate Social Security with a passion.

• Bill

I didn't say anything about being unable to invest money for retirement. What I said is that the money taken for Social Security is automatically taken from you and there is no way to opt out of it.

Future doesn't look good for Millennials if they don't start saving up

• 4 months agoReport

They are doing it on purpose to screw them over!

• Chris

Social Security is a Ponzi scheme. It has to end some day. Have you learned anything about being coerced into participating in government programs? Yes? No? Are you going to vote for politicians who want to add new ones? Or politicians who want to let you keep your money to spend and invest as you see fit?

• Judith

SS is NOT a ponzi scheme because people who work will always be paying into the program. It is an INSURANCE program. A true ponzi scheme ends when new investors stop investing. That won't happen with SS.