Kirby
Kirby asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 6 months ago

Starting an online business (physical goods), should I always get the receipt at post office?

When I ship things should I always get the receipt? Is that necessary if I have an issue later? I just don't want a lot of papers around.

Yes. Mainly because shipping is an expense that you can deduct from your taxes.

You should save all receipts.

• Sam

I would keep all receipts, even if you dont need them it makes sense to keep them.

• Judy

yes,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The tracking number for the package should be sufficient. You and your customer can use it as proof that postage was purchased, the package was accepted by the post office, where the package is, and when it is delivered.

You HAVE to keep records, otherwise you have no information if something goes wrong.