What should I do with some brakes left on old pads after replaced new one?

It kinda make me mad to throw away something that still have life left on it. Earlier this week, I heard noise from driver side brakes. I went to pepper boys to get new brakes on. They put on new brakes on both side not just one side. After I looked at brake pad they throw away, my driver side have 10 percent... show more It kinda make me mad to throw away something that still have life left on it.

Earlier this week, I heard noise from driver side brakes. I went to pepper boys to get new brakes on. They put on new brakes on both side not just one side. After I looked at brake pad they throw away, my driver side have 10 percent left, the passenger side have 20 percent left.

So it make me mad for throwing away brakes that have 20 percent left.

So question is there way to fix? So won't throw away the left of life you got? Like tell store put in new brakes only on one side then do other side couple of months later?