Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 6 months ago

Why is Obama buying a $15 million dollar home on the beach if he is so worried about sea level rise?

Favorite Answer

Because he knows that global warming is total bullsh!t.

• Daro

Also Gore and the Kennedys were videoed on TV admitting that the rich (like themselves and most every American politician are not required to make any sacrifices to save you. Only the middle class and poor have to shrink their living standards.

• Layne

Obama uses fear to get elected. That is all they got. Fear and hate and then saying it is PRESIDENT Trump. He is really cool.

It's not about sea levels. It's about the quality wine, food, and luxury at the climate change conferences that taxpayers will be hosting.

Politics is a career, just like law or medicine. You are there to make money by lying.

Because he's wealthy and he can afford to move

I don't think the powers that be liked my question: https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190...

He's 58 years old- it's not like water levels are going to raise 10 feet next year.

• it is i

Richard- you are listening to what the people who hate her say she said, not what she actually said. There is a difference.

I imagine he doesn't expect the sea to rise quick enough to get to his home in his lifestime. I don't think this is hypocritical and I'm not a Obama fan. Also he may believe the problem will rectified.

• RICHARD

He is a baby boomer. Baby boomers don’t care about future generations. It’s his kids that will suffer when the house is swept away.

The only thing I can figure is that he's looking forward to collecting the insurance money.

I'm worried about being run over by a car at the crosswalk, but I cross the street anyway. Why? Because the risk is outweighed by the benefit.

My point, worrying about rising sea levels does not obviate buying seafront property. It just means that we take the rising ocean into account when we do. We wouldn't buy property that is just slightly above sea level now for example. We'd buy property up on a twenty foot dune for example, where the rising ocean will take decades to reach...if ever.

Source(s): I own an ocean front townhouse sitting atop a twenty foot dune. I'll pass away long before the sea level reaches that height...if ever.
  • Jeff D

Obama is a hypocrite. Just last year in South Africa, Obama lamented the issue of income inequality, and blamed wealthy people for living excessively lavish lifestyles. He went on to say, “There’s only so much you can eat. There’s only so big a house you can have. There’s only so many nice trips you can take. I mean, it’s enough.”

Apparently, it's not enough. LOL.

I dunno...'cause he's a 1%er and that's how they roll?