do you believe that Jesus is God himself?

119 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

No, I think Jesus was an amalgamation of various itinerant rabbis in that area. Source- agnostic atheist

• antonius
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

I gave you an UV, but Jesus was nothing but a name invented by the Romans.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Yes. It is called the Trinity. The Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit are distinct Persons. The Bible speaks of the Father as God (Philippians 1:2), Jesus as God (Titus 2:13), and the Holy Spirit as God (Acts 5:3–4).

• Roberta B
      Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

Jesus is not Almighty God - sorry, Isaiah 9:6 does not say that. These are titles, what he is "called" but his name is Jesus (Luke 1:32), in Hebrew, Yehoshua, "Salvation of Jehovah" Please read John 10:30-36 to get the context of what Jesus our Lord said.

• 3 months ago

He is the SON OF GOD. You cannot be God Almighty while being the Son of God. That’s like split personality bull crap. Trinity is a false doctrine invented by a group of men trying to settle disputes. None hardly believed in it the way it was laid out.

The Bible is clear that Jesus was below God and submitted and worshipped Someone higher than himself and advised us to do the same. He said that what he teaches comes from the Father aka God Almighty. Jesus has existed eternally alongside God the Father (The God Family), but exists in a position, or rank below God Almighty.

Worship goes to the father. Not Jesus. We worship God through Jesus.

• Mayflower
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Jesus said, The Father and I are ONE: Isaiah 9:6, a child is born... His name is Mighty God, the Father... Jesus is God, got it...

• 3 months ago

The NT is a story about power and the man at the top of that power and his son whom he sent to Jerusalem. The man at the top was also known as god and his son is the son of god in the story. Since the father was a man his son is the son of man. If you can't understand this you are a believer of fiction and can't notice the truth.

• antonius
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Nigel, kindly discontinue posting your nonsense. That is spam.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

No he’s not, he’s the messenger of god

• Larry C
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Another person lacking knowledge of basic Christian doctrine. Did you ever hear of the Apostle's Creed or the Nicene Creed?

• 3 months ago

He's God but he's not the Almighty God

• aha3 months agoReport

Black Sabbath-Loll this comment is too retarded to give an explanation too😭😭😭

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Jesus never told people he was God, but the Son of God. He never pretended to be God. Jesus himself said at JOHN 14:28: “The Father is greater than I am.”

In the Bible, Jesus Christ is referred to as the “Son of God,” not as ‘God the Son.’ The very fact that he is called “Son” shows that he had a beginning. This is why the Bible speaks of him as being the “firstborn of all creation” and the “beginning of the creation by God:

COLOSSIANS 1:15:

“He is the image of the invisible God,

the firstborn of all creation.”

REV. 3:14: “...These are the things that the Amen says,

the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation by God:”

The father DID NOT have a beginning.

Jesus is not Almighty God. Jesus is the SON of God.

Neither does Jesus or His Father belong to a Trinity.

• Mayflower
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Jesus said, The Father and I are ONE: Isaiah 9:6, a child is born... His name is Mighty God, the Father... Jesus is God, got it...

• 3 months ago

He is not Almighty God, but he is definitely a Mighty One. Jesus is the firstborn, only begotten Son of Almighty God, our Lord and Savior who died for our sins.

"God" is a title, meaning Mighty One or Strong One.

Also, both Satan and faithful angels are called "gods" (Elohim, theos, 2 Corinthians 4:4, Psalm 8:5; Hebrews 2:7, and even HUMAN judges - Psalm 82:5.

So the title "God" translated from these words is not specific to Jesus or Jehovah. But as Jesus said, there is only one Almighty God, the one true God - John 17:3, the one whom he worships. (John 4:22)

It is far more accurate and consistent with the earliest manuscripts to call the one true Almighty God by NAME. Those manuscripts reveal that his name is written there about 7000 times. Humans do not have the right or the authority to change the inspired scriptures so drastically. If Bible readers recognize this, they will know that Jesus is not Almighty God, and that there is only one. Jesus himself quoted what came to be called the Shema, a very important scripture that is repeated in the temple and the synagogues, that begins with "Hear", which is "shema" in Hebrew:

Deuteronomy 6:4, 5

4 “Listen, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah. 5 You must love Jehovah your God with all your heart and all your soul and all your strength.

Mark 12:28-30

28 One of the scribes who had come up and heard them disputing, knowing that he had answered them in a fine way, asked him: “Which commandment is first of all?” 29 Jesus answered: “The first is, ‘Hear, O Israel, Jehovah our God is one Jehovah, 30 and you must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole mind and with your whole strength.’

So did Jesus indicate that this scripture applies to himself? No. When Deuteronomy was written, he was not on the earth, he was in heaven with his Father John 17:5 So both in the heavens and on earth, Jehovah, Jesus' God is ONE, not three in one.

To believe in the Trinity, that is, that God is three persons, one must believe that born does not mean born, and son does not mean son, and creation does not mean creation, and "my God" does not mean "my God" and begotten does not mean begotten. How could Jesus "learn obedience from what he suffered" if he is equal in knowledge to his Father? Hebrews 5:8

Jesus as Everlasting Father is truth because "father" means "life-giver" and he was given by his Father to impart everlasting life. He is the Mighty God, due to the power that his God and Father gave him (God meaning "Mighty One.") Matthew 28:18 shows that this power was "given" by his Father.

Jesus was called Emmanuel because God has turned his attention to his people through Jesus. Many prophets, have God in their name, including Ezekiel, (God Strengthens), Joel (Jehovah is God) and Joshua (which like Jesus or Yeshua, means Jehovah is Salvation) Jesus was a fulfillment of the scripture that he read to the synagogue congregation Luke 4:17-19, and the prophecy of Simeon in that he saw in Jesus, God's " means of salvation" (Luke 2:25-32)

The scriptures say over and over that Jesus is not equal to his Father, nor is he his own Father..

The Bible, the word of Almighty God, teaches this fact. These verses are mostly meant to show that Jesus is not equal to his Father, and so cannot Almighty God himself as his Father is. Every one of them is in the Bible:

Jesus prays to God. (John 17:1-3)

Jesus has faith in God. (Hebrews 2:17,18, Hebrews 3:2)

Jesus is a servant of God. (Acts 3:13)

Jesus does not know things God knows. (Mark 13:32, Revelation 1:1)

Jesus worships God. (John 4:22)

Jesus has one who is God to him. (Revelation 3:2, 12)

Jesus is in subjection to God. (1 Corinthians 15:28)

Jesus' head is God. (1 Corinthians 11:1)

Jesus has reverent submission, fear, of God. (Hebrews 5:7)

Jesus is given lordship by God. (Acts 2:36)

Jesus is exalted by God.(Acts 5:31)

Jesus is made high priest by God. (Hebrews 5:10)

Jesus is given authority by God. (Philippians 2:9)

Jesus is given kingship by God. (Luke 1:32,33)

Jesus is given judgment by God. (Acts 10:42)

"God raised [Jesus] from the dead". (Acts 2:24, Romans 10:9, 1 Corinthians 15:15)

Jesus is at the right hand of God. (Mark 16:19, Luke 22:69, Acts 2:33, Romans 8:34

• Roberta B
      Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

Mayflower.The resurrected Jesus is mighter than Thomas, and "God" means "mighty one". But Jesus' Father is his God, as he himself said, even in that resurrected state, in John 20:17 "I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’” That is CLEAR.

• 3 months ago

Jesus IS God, God the Son.

@ TD's -- Oh, look at that. Of course the non Christians are going to disagree.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • Michael
      Lv 6
      3 months agoReport

Is Jesus Christ God?
      https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1019...

• 3 months ago

I believe what the Bible says about who Jesus is. Read this, for example:

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. All things were made by him and without him nothing that was made was made... And the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth... No man has seen God at any time. The only-begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, he has declared him." (John 1:1-18)

Those verses tell us that the Word, who became flesh as the man, Jesus, made everything that was made. Logically, that proves that He could not have been made Himself. If the Word had been made by Father God, that verse would have had to have an exclusion clause in it, showing that the Word had first been made. The Bible nowhere states that this One had a starting point in time. Only God is without beginning (and without end, as is also true of the Christ.)

God does not share His glory with another, but Christ has the glory of God and shares the same throne in Heaven, where all Heaven worships "Him who sits on the throne, and the Lamb" (who is depicted in Revelation as being at the center of that throne of God). Even while on Earth, Jesus accepted the adoration of Thomas who exclaimed at seeing the resurrected Christ, "My Lord and my God!" Even the angels are commanded by God to worship Christ - Hebrews chapter 1. And so I could go on.

When you put all the Bible 'clues' about Jesus together, you see why it had to be more than a man who died for the sin of the world. That is why, when the Bible speaks of Jesus as being the only-begotten of the Father, it means He is uniquely uncreated and one with the Father. The same is true of the Holy Spirit. All three are said to be 'Mighty God' - three Mighties make one Almighty! So we cannot say Jesus in His entirety is God Himself, for our God is complex, and you cannot separate the Father from the Son or the Holy Spirit when it comes to the one Being of God. It takes all three to have the one Almighty God who, alone, is worshipped by Christians.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.