Steven
Lv 4
Steven asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 months ago

Is it safe to eat just every other day?

I know that it doesn't sound good but I've found personaly that if I eat daily and regular I just feel really down and lazy, when I do eat it's not unhealthy foods for e.g I'll eat breakfast which will be a bowl of oatmeal with fruits and nuts and for dinner/lunch I will have a meat sandwich with a snack crisps/chips or a chocolate bar ( not healthy I know but it feels like a treat, and for my main meal at night it would involve fish/meat what ever it is I fancy with salad or veg with eaith a rice/pasta or potaote , the next day I will not eat anything at all simply because I don't really want to I just feel energizeed and satisfied with what I ate. I know this doesn't sound healthy but is there anyways that I could eat something on them days where I don't feel like eating?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

nope not how weight loss works

• k w
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

it's safer to look up all the ingredients in the food, like the [ foodbabe dot com ] does,

100 ingredients in a chicken sandwich ? does that even seem normal to you ?

full of chemicals, preservatives, antibiotics/weight gainers , look it up, weight gain, antibiotics and read all about it, then start carefully like an investigator read the ingredient list like a forensic scientist. do you actually think mixing all these chemicals is safe for the population ? read her reviews on amazon, start avoiding processed food

my dad called it a chemical soup, and that's exactly what it is. either protect yourself, or suffer the consequences which aren't pretty, and the doctors can't help either

• 3 months ago

Safe? In what way? Your cells and brain need fuel all the time. Depriving them could cause problems. My suggestion would be to change your diet. You eat a lot of carbs which means you may be experiencing what some folks call a carb or sugar coma. Eating lost of carbs (oatmeal and fruit) spike your blood sugar and insulin production and then cause a huge crash. This can lead to fatigue and brain fog.

Try any or all of the following:

1. Drink keto or bulletproof coffee (coffee mixed with MCT oil and butter) and a little protein (or nothing else) for breakfast instead of the fruit and oatmeal.

2. Follow a keto diet for a month or two -- see if it works for you

3. Do intermittent fasting -- eat within a 8-hour window every day and fast for 16 -- or even 12 and 12. Since most of that is over night, it isn't that hard.

4. If you do choose to fast, make sure you are getting lots of water. Or just do a liquid diet of water, tea, broth, or a small smoothie, etc.

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Safe? Not the best option, but it won't take too many years off your life.

Effective fat loss? No. Fat gain would result. Any loss of weight would be muscle tissue and water.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Julien
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

It depends what you call "safe". It's not a very good idea but it will of course not kill you.

You could choose instead of eat *carbs* only every other day : on one day you keep eating like currently, with you oatmeal your sandwich, your crisps and your chocolate bar plus your rice/pasta or potatoes, which sounds like quite a lot of carbs, and then on the next day you can just eat some mixed salads with meat inside (duck breast, salmon, chicken, anchovies, tuna, ...)

Carbs are the macro-nutrient which handles most easily this kind of micro-cycles.

• 3 months ago

well if you don't burn many calories you dont' need to replace many calories.

• 3 months ago

Yes it's safe, but a better diet would be to eat when you're hungry, whatever dime of day it is, and maintain a good diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, grains and low in sugar and saturated fats.

• 3 months ago

yes so long as your body gets used to it, over do it and the body goes into famine response, and you may find the weight being piled onto your waist

• Dze
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

your body will adjust to whatever but keep it regular is more important .

• 3 months ago

You could drink something milk, juice, soup, miso

You are just doing intermittent fasting its not necessarily bad for you. Sounds like it suits you. If your weight is stable and you are healthy its not necessarily a problem

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.