Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 6 months ago

Do you have to be able to run 3 miles to join the Marines?

I’m a young guy and real passionate about joining the USMC and have been since I was in my young teens. Although I’m a very fit and active guy, I don’t think I’m able to run 3 miles yet. I’m able to do the other physical requirements (crunches, push ups, pull ups, etc) but I’m having trouble with the mile running. The most I can do now is probably 1.5 miles. Do they expect fast/sprint running or moderate-paced jogging? Also, should I enroll in the Delayed Entry Program? Will that help prepare me?

What can I do to prepare myself physically for the Marines? I’m very determined to meet the mileage requirements so I can serve. I’d appreciate any advice! Thank you

Favorite Answer

Ask your recruiter; if you haven't got one yet, you are not as serious as you seem to think.

Most people, even the most fit, have to do some extra training to qualify for the Marines. They will help you with this.

• RICK

Just like swimming

You don't need to be able to do either to join

But you need to do both to graduate recruit training

To become a marine you must endure “the crucible”. A 3 mile run is child’s play compared to this. It tests you physically, mentally and morally. Look it up or ask a recruiter about it. Hit the gym now and take yourself to the limit. It will benefit you.

If you're young and you can't run 3 miles then you're not fit.

Why do you keep posting this c.rap?

Just faster than the guy next to you ?

• Steven S

That doesn’t work in marine training. You are expected to support your fellow marines.

• Dze

be in good shape before you join and it will be alot easier trust me ...

If you're determined, then you dont need answers from here. Just bust your *** running. Or join up and let them bust your *** for you.

• Don't you worry. They'll teach you how to run.