chloef asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

Are 15 inch biceps big for a 4'11" woman that weighs around 90 or 91 pounds?

When I bend my arms they look really wide flattened, when extend them they don't look as bad, but I still have a little flab. Is this normal? Or is this a sign that i need to exercise?

I also have a 29 inch waist that has rolls. How can someone like me have wide arms and waist? Am I fat? because every bmi calculator, chart and doctor says i am underweight. If that's the case, then why the flab?

• Julien
    Favorite Answer

"chart and doctor says i am underweight. If that's the case, then why the flab?"

=> Because being underweight doesn't only mean you don't have enough fat, it also means you're not able to maintain your skeletal muscles to keep your body tight. Being flabby is actually very common amongst underweight people.

That being said, a 15" biceps circumference sounds indeed like a lot for a tiny underweight woman like you. As a comparison, as a 200lbs athletic man I have a biceps circumference around 16.5 inches (for a 34" waist).

Are you sure you've measured correctly? And you're not summing the two arms?

I have no idea what this weird result would mean.

Did you measure right? I am a 5'5 175 pound woman and my biceps are 12 inches and my waist is 30. Google how to measure your body properly and just double check the measurements.

If those are accurate measurements you have a severe lack of muscle mass if you have that much fat at that weight.