Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 6 months ago

As a 14 year old guy, What should I do if I suspect that my 23 year old sister is doing gross and inappropriate stuff with her boyfriend?

My sister stays up late or over-night with her boyfriend my parents allow it. Why else would she be around him at night ? If theres a need to talk they can always do it daytime or through text/call. No doubt they’re having s*x. I told my parents and they don’t care to stop her. Idk why they’re not parenting her - I thought they’ve always been pretty strict about raising good kids???Btw I also mailed condoms to her house as a joke to indicate that SOMEONE KNOWS what she’s doing wrong! I didn’t leave behind my name or address

Your sister is a grown woman at 23. There isnt anything you can do about it. If they are disturbing your peace then maybe you could get your parents to have a word but if not thats life im afraid.......

• Alan H

What you should do is ......nothing

And keep on doing it

They are adults, making their own choices

You are not a 14 year old guy. You are a 14 year old teenager.

Your sister is well into her adulthood and is not a minor, like you are. She is a young adult who is doing nothing wrong. When you grow up, you will understand the human condition much better. Until then, stop trying to interfere with your sister's life because quite frankly, it really is none of your business what adults do behind closed doors.

If this is a troll "question", so be it.

• ron h

Like others have said, she's in her own place and your parents can't make rules for her at 23. Yeah, you'd feel better about it if she was married, but that's not what she wants right now. If you've been close and always trusted her to do right, this can be hard for you, but it's just how it is. The condom thing was really childish and it kind of looks like you're jealous and angry that this man has taken her away from you. But you're not going to get him to go away--she'll decide that. But try to get to know the guy a little, if your sister likes him, he's probably a good guy.

I hope when you are 40 and about to have sex for the first time, your sister barges into the room with her friends blaring trumpets and snare drums and scares the woman away. You probably would not like that and wish she minded her own business.

• -

Mind your own business little boy. She is an adult and can do what she pleases.

As weird as it may be for u . There is nothing u can do she is an adult and can do as she pleases.

i would hope at 23 she is having sex regularly

She's an adult and you're not, so anything she does that is private is absolutely none of your freaking business.

Tab A, Slot B

Someday you'll understand.