How many countries are there?

I counted 35 of them and I think I got all of them, if I missed a couple pleasetell me

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago
    Best answer

There are many continents in each one of which are many countries.

Continent with Most Countries

Africa - (54)

Europe - (47)

Asia - (44)

North America - (23)

Oceania - (14)

South America - (12)

Antarctica - (0)

• Sharon
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

197 members of the United Nations, plus a disputed 5-10 others

Africa has 51, Europe 37, so you missed many

• 3 months ago

195 countries in the world at the moment ( August 2019 )

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

You had better learn how to read a Map. There are 54 Countries just in Africa.

The total is about 195.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • A.J.
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Depending on a few that are debatable as sovereign or not, 193 to 200 is the range of number of countries.

Te United Nations recognizes 195, with 193 Member nations.

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/how-many-count...

Vatican (officially known as the Holy See)

Palestinian Authority, which is a quasi-governmental body

The island of Taiwan, formally known as the Republic of China, is a country, but no longer recognized and some instead say it is a renegade province of PR China

Puerto Rico, Bermuda, Greenland as autonomous protectorates

Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, and England combine as UK

Kosovo, a region of Serbia that declared independence in 2008 is not considered a country yet

Antarctica doesn't have a governing body even though some people live there.

Somalia has an autonomous region in the north called Somaliland

Kurdistan, an autonomous region in the north of Iraq

Nagorno-Karabakh declared its independence in 1991, but we call it part of Azerbaijan

The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus declared its independence in 1983 but is considered part of Cyprus

Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic/Western Sahara declared its independence in 1976 but is considered part of Morocco.

Transnistria/Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic declared its independence in 1990. It isn’t recognised by any UN member states, and by only 3 UN non-members: Abkhazia, South Ossetia and Nagorno-Karabakh. Officially part of Moldova.

South Ossetia declared its independence in 1991, and Abkhazia in 1999, both part of Georgia

(Iraqi) Kurdistan has set up its own government

Cook Islanders and the people of Niue are both New Zealand passport holders but have autonomy

Hong Kong and Macau are merged back to China. Tibet is not happy as China.

French Guiana (France), and a variety of Islands considered part of other nations running rather independently.

Up to 215 "countries and dependencies".

https://onestep4ward.com/how-many-countries-in-the...

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Way low, you should learn how to use google.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.