My wife confessed me that while I was in Iraq,13 years ago,she had an affair with a man for 4 years. Should I leave her?

In 2006 right after graduating high school I enlisted in the Marine Corps. I had a girlfriend,friends. I got out of the Marines in 2010. On June 30th 2010 I got married to that girl. I really love her and we've been happy together and a few months ago I was thinking about having a child with her. Last week she confessed me that between 2006 and 2010 she had an affair with a friend of hers. It hurts me deeply that while I was in Iraq she was banging some other dude. I know this happened a long time ago and we were not married yet but should I leave her?

Favorite Answer

No don't leave her. I know that you are an emotional wreck in your mind right now but this will get easier to accept as time goes by. I think you would hate yourself for leaving.

• snack_daddy10

Women accept it, because they value the income the man makes. If a woman would pull her own weight men would accept it too, but since women rarely pull their own weight...etc.

So after 13 years she told you?

it does not matter where you were. What you were doing?

WHY? did she tell you now?

her need to tell you says she has a issues she was glad to dump on you!

if she never told you, all things would be as it was... her need to tell you to make her self feel better shows she sees her self as more important than your relationship

leave her for dumping on you none of the rest

Yes while you was risking your life for our country she was cheating on you she is not loyal there is no trust. Once a cheater always one leave her and Co-parent with her and find a loyal woman.

• Layne

I agree with Coach Simon. It is your life and your wife. I think though we all make mistakes and find a way to have peace in your heart and mind.

• Ocimom

You were not married at the time. Water under the bridge. IMO there was no reason to even tell you.

even though she was foolish to tell you......you werent married and she needed loving..........i would just keep an eye on her

• Mike6 months agoReport

She was a whore. Leave her skank *** brother. I dumped my whore wife in 09 when I came back and haven't looked back. She's still a gutter snipe loser with no job. Move on do better. Don't listen to these ******* Jody pogs.

Has she had an affair since you were married?

Were you even engaged when she was with someone else?

I know this is disappointing but simmer down and wait a while before doing anything hasty

• Kaysibabes

She confesses relationship BEFORE she was married and guy wants a divorce - obviously hes hurt but 13 years ago before marriage and shes been faithful since????????

If you need strangers on the Internet to advise you whether or not to leave your wife, do her a favor and leave so she can find someone who is more mature, able to make his own decisions without the help of strangers.

Thank you for your service.

• Mike6 months agoReport

Anon, your a ******

The fact that you weren't married yet doesn't make what she did less awful.

Only you know her well and the kind of relationship you two have to make a decision, but don't have kids with her until you are crystal clear that's what you want and both are on the same page about what's next.

Why is she telling you now? This would be my first question. I applaud the fact she told you but I'm confused about why did she tell you just NOW. It doesn't speak well about her, hiding that for so many years.

Personally I'd ask couples therapy and i'd go into individual counselling myself before deciding anything.

Some couples can overcome infidelity but not many, and it is a tough job to work on trust after someone broke it.

no

dude, if you love her, but cant bring yourself to leave her, just pretend you have forgiven her for it and maybe step out behind her back and see other women for about a year or 2 until you find closure

that is what i would personally if i cared about the girl too much to leave her

and i know this advice seems puerile and you may not even take it seriously. but consider it.

besides, you may meet someone even better in your philandering adventures

stay with her and have some fun behind her back (its harder to find a girlfriend when you are single, anyway)

Source(s): nothing
    • Ana

This actually is a pretty solid comment, if you think about it.

It depends on your morals about cheating etc