Lexi asked in HealthOther - Health · 6 months ago

Went to the doctor, anxiety?

Two days ago I went to an emergency UrgentCare due to my left arm hurting/tingling, some chest pain and discomfort, and out of breath and so on. I went back this morning because I felt awful. They said it might just be anxiety because ever test came back fine.

They gave me some drug they use to calm people down before surgeries and such, and I think my chest felt better for a little while? I was drugged up so I dont really know haha. But right now my chest is as shitty as it's been.

My chest has ZERO pain at this point, not even really pressure I'd say. The middle of/my whole chest just feels...weird? Like that's really as best as I can explain it. I am exhausted. I went to pick up a water bottle and had to take a break in the middle because my heart rate got so high. Doing the bare minimum, like turning in bed feels like I ran a few hundred feet. I'm lightheaded and dizzy as ****, and feel out of body most the time.

I feel like I am an anxious person, but to my knowledge, my anxiety has NEVER felt like is. It's never made me dizzy and unable to walk to the bathroom without taking a break.

All my tests came back normal, could this really be anxiety?

I feel like everyone is ruling out my high blood pressure, and shitty heart health that I think is at risk because I'm 19 and they csnt fathom a 19 year old having heart issues like this. At my first appointment they sent me home with nothing. But idk what else this could be and I am running out of money to go to the doctor.

You could have a hiatal hernia, where your stomach slides up into your diaphragm and pushes against your lungs and/or heart, which can cause the symptoms your having. Either way, see another doctor if they aren't trying to find out why you are having these symptoms.

• Vortex

Anxiety to the point of panic can give you all those symptoms. What keeps them alive is the belief that you are in imminent danger and likely to die. It is very important to get a physical by the best physician in your area. If nothing is found in your heart or blood tests ( including hormones) then you will have to accept it is a creation of your mind. Once you do that you can see a therapist who can get you out of the vicious cycle of thought and symptoms you are in.

I have anxiety too and have never had tingling in my arm and chest pain from it . I have had shortness of breath though and a tight chest . I think you should definitely see another doctor . As sometimes they diagnose you wrong .

• k w

learn about natural healing, ayurveda, homeopathy, doctors are for trauma and the last place to go for healthcare. I KNOW homeopathy has a remedy called STA-BIL do a search, it got rave reviews, I hope it helps.....

Get a second opinion, a lot of doctors are uneducated about mental health.

See your regular doctor for a referral to a cardiologist, or just see a cardio doctor if you don't have to have a referral

maybe you should get another opinion and see a different doctor

Better hope those are not opioids they're giving you.

Also, does Ativan (the drug they gave me through iv) make your head feel like kinda wonky and messed up? I feel like I have to try extra hard to read and type and just move around. I'm not loopy in the sense that I'm saying silly things and cant think straight, my head just feels kinda like a cloud or something haha. I really dont know how to share physical feelings and I think that's why my doctors never know what the hell is going on.