Could someone enlighten me on why changing your sex couldn't be seen as "immigrating to a new body"?

A man is living in 1950s China where poverty and dictatorship is a prevalent problem, so once he made enough money, and has the paperwork completed, he immigrated to the United States, now he's free to roam the United States (well once he gets citizenship.

Why can't this logic work like this:

A man wants to be a woman, and since science is so advanced these days, that is doable, therefore now he should be free to go to the ladies room.

Any uncivilized, immature, and animalistic answers are going to be flagged and ignored by yours truly. May God bless your poor parents' souls that they raised not a man but a beast.

(NO: I'm not LGBT or anything like that, just a STRAIGHT (if that's the most important question you have pertaining to my individuality) young kid who is admittedly a bit naive and confused with why can't society think logically like this and move on with all this overly heated political bull ****.

Ok, all those saying you can't technically change your sex, ok good point, but I really do not comprehend why society has to give a **** about the smallest things such as this. This wouldn't have happened if we were intelligent enough to not establish social constructs since the early days of humanity, then no one would feel out of place being a boy or a girl, they would just be a person who acts like blah and a person who thinks like bleh.

Now, if you do, why do you have to detest these types of people. Don't even give an answer like: they are screwed up in the head, no you are more screwed up by judging others for action and not as who they act like and do on a daily basis as an individual. I understand if you think the camera is on them way too often, that's perfectly reasonable. I agree the veteran who served valiantly deserved the award of bravery, not someone who simply confessed a part of their individuality.

darn, meant judging others for their social constructed characteristics than their actions AND the way they think

Favorite Answer

Changing your sex is not "doable". You can change your outward appearance, but you cannot change the sex you were born with. Sex is determine by your chromosomes. You cannot alter them once you were conceived.

We can all pretend you are the sex you want to be, and LEGALLY, you can be designated as almost anything you want. However, reality is binary. Period.

• Only sex isn't a binary. http://www.joshuakennon.com/the-six-common-biological-sexes-in-humans/

• Fred

Because you don't need a passport and a visa to get a sex change so no one immigrated.

There is an insurmountable problem here. A man is born with some sex organs, producing hormones for men. Women are born with a different set of sex organs, producing female hormones. Science has NOT been able to change one for the other, EITHER WAY M/F, OR F/M. Get real. see a therapist, as they are not well. Few boys are sissies, and many girls are tomboys, but they GROW OUT OF IT as their hormones kick in. They should go with their hormones, so should boys, to theirs.

I don’t get why you Yanks have this obsession with public toilets.

Transgender is experienced by around 0.06% of the population. Of that number not a lot go on to seek gender reassignment surgery. I read on line that there are less than 4,000 done per year but its only the last few years that its really taken up.

To average it out. Lets say 1980 to 2020 (40 years) and lets say its 2,500 a year. That is 100,000 people or its .003 % of the population, in the case of America a population of just under 330 million people.

Therefore if you were at a ball game the chances are just one or two people there would be transgender. Look around the ground to get a grasp on how small a number that is.

I am almost in my retirement years yet throughout my life I have never seen or had it told to me of a transgender person going to the toilets.

I expect they like me as a gay male avoid doing so other than if desperate to have to go.

This obsession with them concerns me as it leave me wondering why people like you are making a storm in a tea cup over nothing. What are you trying to distract others from.

• 6 months agoReport

If you paid attention to my question, you would see I am the polar opposite of those who obsess over this. I feel like if people can accept whatever gender some weird guy or gal wants to be and allow them to use what bathroom they want to, we can move on to more urgent discussions.

If I upgrade my kitchen, have I moved to a new house?

• 6 months agoReport

Read the comments I posted under "Nancy", no I see your point, but think of it as "psychological relocation" rather physical.

• Sherri

Can you enlighten me on how exactly this question is “politics”?

• 6 months agoReport

Can you enlighten me on how exactly this question should not be politics? (I admit, sociology or psychology or philosophy is probably the better option).

• Nancy

1) Because remodeling your house isn't moving to a new house.

2) Logic does work like that.

• 6 months agoReport

gender altering, to be the girl that he supposedly acted like all those years.

You can’t change your sex.

If you are a man every cell in your body has a Y chromosome. If you are female there is not a single cell in your body with a Y chromosome.

Mutilating your genitals and taking hormones does not change your sex.

Liberals are anti-science biology deniers.

• AJ6 months agoReport

And you are psychology denying bigots. Though I guess that we are bigots as well because we are also intolerant towards your opinion

Most people aren't insane psychopaths.

• 6 months agoReport

You know people who discriminate are also considered insane psychopaths, just putting that out there.

• Because the word "immigrating" would be woefully wrong in such a context.

Might as well just say "dancing monkey fun" and pretend that has the same meaning.