promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
S asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 9 months ago

Do you think sperm donation is ridiculous?

You can have your own opinion. Everybody has their view.

I think having a baby from a sperm donor is dumb, because your baby is NOT your own man's baby its the other guy's and its his forever. That technically is still adultery.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favourite answer

I don't like it for several reasons:

Sperm donation is often anonymous. I believe every child should know his or her original parents if possible. Sperm donation makes it very difficult.

Sperm donation can result in one man fathering many children. Since the children do not know one another, it is possible some of them may end up dating or marrying their half siblings.

Sperm donation, if the parents are married, may be kept a secret from the child, who will grow up believing the father who raised him or her is that child s father.

• ...Show all comments
    • Starlight 1
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

Open adoption laws have made this more common, as has surrogacy among both men and women. As rates of infertility continue to rise because of age and because of other factors, there will be more issues with GAS, not less.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

You're wrong. There's nothing ridiculous about it. About 10% of men raise children that don't share their genes. That's very common.

Sperm donors don't own the baby. They're donating their sperm.

Adultery is having sex, it's not about using technology to have a baby.

Careful who you judge. Karma is a *****.

• Orcaking757 months agoReport

Depends on your definition of adultery. Jesus said that simply coveting and lusting after another woman was adultery. So some Christians might view using a third party for conception as adultery, which the Roman Catholic Church and some Orthodox Jews and Muslims do.

• edward
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Technicality. Nothing to it. Some guys can’t have kids, plain and simple. Doesn’t make him less of a father than me

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

In the Bible when a man was killed his brother was supposed to go and marry the widow and to give her a child. When you're in a marriage relationship and the man cannot father a child because his stuff is damaged. There is absolutely nothing wrong with going to a sperm bank. The child that results is still going to be. Raised by the father and the mother. Under God's blessing of matrimony it's not adultery there is no sex involved it's a medical procedure. And it's not the male cell that carries the total building block of life. an egg cell can be made to divide with nothing but an electric needle and an electron microscope.

A sperm cell can never ever become a baby without an egg cell. If you can't handle the thought that somebody donated a single cell in order to for you too have a child then don't do the procedure. Or use the Bible method and have your brother donate the cell.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

You shouldn't use big words if you don't know what they mean.

a·dul·ter·y

/əˈdəlt(ə)rē/

Learn to pronounce

noun

voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse.

"she was committing adultery with a much younger man"

• 9 months ago

i dont think so, it helps if the husband cant give her a baby

• 9 months ago

It is not dumb. And it's not adultery because having a sperm introduced into the uterus is not having sex with a man.

In fact the female never sees the man. She chooses the donor sperm from a catalog that describes the man.

Good friend of mine had a healthy baby boy by donor sperm. She was a single parent mother as she never married.

• 9 months ago

Adultery is not about making babies.

• Binks
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

That's one interesting conundrum for the masses. I'm not sure I know this answer. It's like physical circumstances vs. moral decisions. I'm thinking of the baby's life, of course. He / she is innocent of this decision of the parents.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Nope................................... it is important.

• 9 months ago

No. I'm sure someday a family would be happy to have a kid that looked like me.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.