what is this plant?

It looks like a spider plant however I can not see if there are any dark green/white stripes. Also, it doesn't have the little "burrs" (not spikey just more leaves) at the end. Contact your county's Horticulture Agent at your local Agriculture Center and they usually can identify it for free!

Looks like a very unhappy spider plant to me.

Spider plants are incredibly resilient. They have fat, tuberous roots and can completely die back (or be cut back) from the top and will regrow beautifully.

I suggest repotting in good soil, be sure the pot is only a tiny bit bigger than the roots as like most houseplants, spider plants do best when potbound and crowded. I’d even cut the top growth all the way back, like to 1” above the soil line.

That spider plant looks like it hasn’t been getting enough light, that’s why the leaves are all spindley.

• Lôn

It's a spider plant in poor condition...water and feed it!!!

Most likely a spider plant

It could be another type of ornamental grass like lily turf, but those are usually not kept indoors

• David B.

I agree. It also looks like it has been overwatered.

Almost dead. Would be my assessment.