Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 5 months ago

Cook for a friend??

My friend want me to cook for me and I am a good cook so I was wondering want to cook... We not a boyfriend and girlfriend we just cool people that like each other. He asked me to cook for him and I told him yes I would. Any suggestions ??? I have a crock pot, instant pot, electric skillet... We are allergic to seafood so no seafood...

Learn proper English and try writing this again.

Since you are a good cook just cook one of your favorite dishes which will almostalways be successful because of your past experience.

Why not ask him what he prefers? Start with cooking prepping pastas, rices, quinoa, to have on hand, along with different prepped vegs, and meats. Create your dishes using these as bases.

Why dont you cook together instead? Pick a recipe neither of you have tried before and give it a go. You could make this a monthly food exploration.

My other idea is something fun like taco night. We do plateless taco night with friends and its always so fun. We eat outside and cover the table with newspaper and put all the taco stuff and toppings in covered bowls in the center of the table with some chips and salsa. Then we make frozen drinks (some alcoholic some non since my sister in law is pregnant). When it's all done everything is already packed away so you just crumple the newspaper and clean up is done

I agree that it is a good idea to cook something you know how to cook...

Although if I were cooking for a friend right now...I’d probably do a roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, a green vegetable and a nice salad with a light dressing. And fruit pie for dessert.

Jamie Olivers roasted chicken with milk, cinnamon and sage is AMAZING, it had been on my “try this recipe” list for a couple of years, I finally started making it last year and have made it ... a whole lot of times since then. Definately do mashed potatoes with this (I do my mashed with half gold waxy and half russet starchy spuds and use both butter, melted, and buttermilk at room temp when I’m mixing it up - don’t forget PLENTY of salt and pepper). You’ll want something to be a sauce delivery system for that dish!

• denise

A nice chicken casserole in your crock pot, and you could make some corn bread in the skillet, to go with the casserole, maybe?

• CB

Steak Au Poivre is very nice and a baked potato and salad make it a complete meal. Alton Brown has a good recipe but there are many other good recipes if you search.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/st...

What do you feel expresses yourself and your cooking lineage best? I make the rolls my grandma made hiding in Poland during the war that she taught me how to make. That's how I say "I love you" with food. What is that for you?

A word of warning, don't try new recipes for important guests. Unless you want a good laugh in the following years.

• Dimo

You do not want to something you have not made it before and have made it correctly.

Pick a meal *YOU* like, and find out his he likes it as well.

I would serve one of the family's classics:

I recommend Spinach Quiche, it is quick, easy and impressive, and of course tasty.