Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 3 months ago

Does the bible contain instructions on what to do with a drunken sailor?

Yes, funny you should ask. The Bible says, "Give strong drink to him who is perishing and wine to those who are bitter of heart, let him drink and forget his poverty and remember his misery no more"

"Who has woe? who has sorrow? Who has redness of eyes? etc.

Answer: Those who linger long at the wine, those who go in search of mixed wine...……………….your eyes will see strange things and your heart will utter perverse things. Yes, you will be like one who lies down in the midst of the sea, or one who lies at the top of the mast saying, "They have struck me but I was not hurt, they have beaten me but I did not feel it.

When shall I awake that I may seek another drink? (Proverbs 23: 29 - 35)

Throw him overboard, so that a great fish may swallow him up, and vomit him up, three days later, on the shore at Nineveh.

• Paul

You mean, other then love him?

Yes. Run for your life !

Nope...................................

in general...... yes in fact..... the second greatest commandment..... "Love they neighbor as thy self"

No need, that's common knowledge: put him in the brig until he's sober.

Cover him up if he's passed out naked. See the Noah story, in Genesis 9:20-23.

Stick him in the scuppers and put a big rock on him.

• Pretty sure it doesn't, dude.