Found a lid in my milkshake at a restaurant and choked on it. Can I sue ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

You would have to refer back to your discharge papers. Did the doctors have the responsibility and authority to keep you committed instead of releasing you. If they didn't, then it's upon you to take responsibility for your actions. Next time you go to the hospital, make sure they are aware that your mental condition poses a threat to your life/health and consent for them to hold you indefinitely and involuntarily until it's safe for them to release you.

• Judith
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Fascinating and incorrect quasi-legal advice. Not only did you NOT answer the question, but the answer you gave to something or other is incorrect. Again, where did you go to law school? You are the person who determines who is and who is not mentally ill?

• RICK
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Sure you could sue, but you would lose

• 6 months ago

Since you have asked this question 5 times in the past 5 minutes, that kind of elevates you to TROLL status

But to answer your question, you could sue for the cost of the item, NOTHING MORE

You were not damaged, you did not seek medical attention, you were not hurt, you suffered no loss other than the cost of the product.

And what exactly is a lid anyway, and most people suck a milk shake through a straw, and even if you drank it directly from the glass you would have felt a lid (whatever that is) in your mouth before swallowing (yes you would, so do not even try the I didn't feel it line). In fact your lips would have felt it before it even got in your mouth.

So you will have to come up with a better scam if you plan on getting rich quick. I am not even a lawyer and I would destroy you in court, just think what the company lawyer would do?

And then you would also be sued for their lawyers time and corporate lawyers run about $1,500 an hour not counting court time

So take your scam and sue away, let us know how that goes

• John
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

If you found a lid, why'd you choke on it? You die?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

You can sue but don't count on winning anything.

• Kaz
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

A lid? The lid that covers your drink? They're pretty big. How on earth could anyone choke on that? That doesn't sound like a good choice for a law suit - seems extremely frivolous - and will be thrown out

• 6 months ago

No. You can't sue for a lid in your shake. You can only sue someone for "damages". If you had to go to the doctor and pay, you could sue to recover it. If it made your throat swell, and you're a professional singer that couldn't sing and lost money, you could sue to recover it. But if you weren't harmed, then your only damages are the cost of the milkshake. And, that's all you could sue for.

• Troy
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

You can sue, but unlikely you can win and you may have to cover he defendants legal cost for the counter suit. You may be liable for wasting their time and if you are lying then you can even get jail time.

• Robin
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

if you want too ...............................

• 6 months ago

Perhaps if you are able to prove that you choked and incurred some harm.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.