Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 9 months ago

Is this a smart thing to do? Could I get in trouble for this?

Im from NC and out here especially in the country cops love to ride your tail and try to mess with you to pull you over all the time. I drive a charger that looks identical to an undercover cop and it seems to seek their attention. I was thinking the next time a cop tries to ride my bumper I was going to put it in low gear so I can break check him without pressing the brakes.

• A.J.

You need to have your documentation in order and readily available. You properly signal and pull over or make the next available turn and pull over. If he follows you and gives you instructions, obey his commands. You tell him you pulled over because he was following too closely and believed it was not safe. You get his name and badge number. You file a complaint of unsafe driving by the police officer. If they get enough complaints, the activity stops. You don't challenge a police officer, but can file complaints.

ps add- do not give him permission to search your vehicle.

A lot of cops are just looking for an excuse to get into fights and arrest (or kill) people. I wouldn't risk it.

If you thinks something might not be smart it probably is not smart.