Damir asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

guns are one of the least causes of deaths in America why are Americans obsessed with banning guns?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 6
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Because many integrity lacking Americans want to transfer responsibility off the individual and onto inanimate objects that can be banned by the government. These people feel oppressed by liberty and seek the comforts of tyranny.

• Neengefan
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

Such Bullsh*t!

• 6 months ago

We react to a stimuli, the stimuli is what we allow ourselves to experience.

The news system is making sure we hear about every gun related death that supports the concept we need to ban fire arms. So they make sure any shooting that supports the idea that guns are bad makes the news.

It is called "collusion"!

Some person or persons has set up the agenda to ban firearms. So they make sure firearms receive bad press.

• 6 months ago

NOT BANNING GUNS! But assault rifles are not necessary in private hands. Yes, accidents, & disease are killers, but when some moron decides he's going to wipe out a lot of people in a mall, Church. or business , THAT can be preventable. You don't make any sense.

• 6 months ago

Unfortunately, liberals don't know how to do anything else so they try to ban guns thinking that criminals will all run right in and turn in their firearms. Anyone with half a brain should know that this will never happen. Any American with half a brain knows this and is not obsessed with banning guns.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Australia banned most firearms in the nineties and overall homicides barely changed.

Only "GUN-homicides" dropped (duh?).

But those killed by other means were less dead so it all works out.

I guess.

• numbnuts222
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Homicides have declined sharply in Australia since the ban, you could argue the correlation but they have dropped

• 6 months ago

Because they are a cultural touchstone to many people. They hold a great deal of symbolic power and those that can either control them or wield them are seen as powerful by extension.

This is why the subject is of great interest to politicians. The idea of a gun, both as a positive symbol and as a negative symbol is very compelling for both sides of the issue.

• `
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

Whoa. That's actually a very thoughtful answer.
      Well put.

• 6 months ago

Takes your mind of the drug trafficking that democrats support and make money from.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I’m trying to legally give semi automatic rifles to 16 year olds. So I’m not banning them.

• 6 months ago

Because murder is bad. I don't see why this is a difficult concept.

• 6 months ago

I guess we just want to try and get rid of all the things that are causing our deaths! Who can blame us for that?

If something is causing even a few deaths that we can prevent I say go for it!

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Because they are one of the leading causes of homicide. Guns are used more to murder someone than they are for self defense. Thanks for asking.

• Zee
      Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

^ Ignorant.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.