hanako asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 5 months ago

Why do some people have blond hair when they are children and then it turns into brunette when they grow up?

Favorite Answer

Hair pigment does not fully develop in some light-haired people until they get into late childhood or adolescence. I was a blond until I was four, now I have brown hair.

As you gain intelligence, you become less and less of a blond.

"That's because of genetic changes in the hair follicles in a baby's scalp. This occurs as a part of growing hair, as opposed to when hair is naturally grown and there isn't any genetic changes involved in that."

And it does appear that some babies' hair may not become blonde in the same way or at the same time as other children. The children with blonde hair are more likely to have blonde, red, brown and green coloured hair than those with blonde, blue and yellow hair.

One of the first findings from the research is that even children who are blond do not appear to develop a genetic condition known as a 'pinnate' or 'fuzzy bun'.

Prof John Griffiths from Lancaster University said: "If any one of the children had had a hairball, hair would have been frizzed off. That did not happen. The children who had brown hair and blond hair had hair that had been frizzed off and they developed a fuzzy bun. But the children who have naturally blond.

And when they get really older, it turns gray. That's the way hair works; its color is based on the chemistry of the person at the time. And as that chemistry changes with age so too will the color of hair change if that change in chemistry is germane.

• y

Red to blond to brown to gray to a whitish grey.

I have no idea but my drivers licenses still says blond. But I hear they will no longer list hair color on my next one.

• kelvin

your hair changes color as you get older