Why can't I handle drinking as much as I used to?

I used to be able to drink a fifth (750ml bottle) of whiskey a day (actually often more) and be totally fine when I woke up the next day. A little bit of weed would take any nausea away and I would be good as new. Starting about a year ago, I noticed that I was feeling worse and worse after drinking. Would not be able to eat, lots of nausea, and felt weak. It eventually got so bad that I didn't drink for a month. It took a week to feel better but when I did- I felt back to 100 percent. However, when I try drinking again and I drink more than a few days in a row, I experience the same symptoms. In fact, very recently- a couple of days strung together where I had just 5 or 6 drinks made me feel bad.

• mayona

ageing takes its toll.

Age affects you or it could be interacting with a medication.

Maybe because your insides are bad

Your liver is probably failing, and every time you drink now causes it problems that result in ill feelings.

• Eva

You've suffered liver damage and your body is no longer able to process alcohol the way it once could. You are also in danger of pancreatitis. You should strongly look into getting treatment for your alcoholism. No one should have to live that way.

You liver is knackered.

Best ever FREE ADVICE ya gonna get James, get yourself checked out. No! I'm not going to speculate. ;-)