is yahoo shadow banning people now and what does it mean?

i saw a question yesterday where someone was mentioning that yahoo answers are now shadow banning people....but i'm not familiar with that term at all and want to know what it means and how it will affect yahoo users?

Yahoo IS shadow banning people. Especially those whom are against their political and war mongering agenda. I can't see any of my comments now on news articles since receiving a "warning" for who knows what.

yahoo does shadow ban it just happened to me twice. I am anti war and a retired service member. I guess it is okay to silence veterans who against war ! nice job yahoo!

• J1 month agoReport

They are pathetic. Hopefully Yahoo get's bought out. It's time for an honest website instead of one whom caters only to Yes people.

If they dislike you, they do what Google does, terminate your account. All it takes is one employee to strongly disagree with your political beliefs and you're outta here. Of course they deny, so does Google. Caught redhanded and still deny it.

• Lv 7

it is a scare tactic term that is actually nonexistent, because it doesn't happen.

it means "banning without warning".

there is ALWAYS a warning. many users just don't check their email...

Shadow banning means your comments are hidden from most people, except other people who are also shadow banned. If, for example, people who expressed an interest in rap music were shadow banned, they could still ask and answer questions about rap music, but people with taste would never have to see them. As far as I know, Yahoo is not shadow banning anyone, as I've gotten lots of violation notices, including the big scary one about "future violations" and "termination of my account," and lots of people can still see my answers.