Aurora asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 5 months ago

Bleaching dark hair... yes or no?

For the longest time I’ve wanted to bleach my brown hair blonde, like a natural light ash blonde. I have brown hair, and I am aware that bleaching is damaging however I feel like because I’m young if I regret I have all the time in my life to grow it out. Just want to try something new. Anything else I should be aware of?

Favorite Answer

Donald K- that is your opinion not everyone else's. You have the right to say whatever you want/think but you sound like a total judgemental piece of ****. Not sorry

Girl if you want to bleach it blonde, I cannot stress this enough, GET IT DONE AT A SALON. I have dyed and bleached my beautiful brunette hair so many times and I have damaged the **** out of it. I havent dyed it in over a yr and it still doesnt look great but looks a lot better and healthier. My advice would be to leave it alone! But if you are going to dye/bleach it anyway, please please please do it at a salon.

I'd STRONGLY encourage you to have it done professionally. The difference between ending up with fried orange straw and silky blonde hair is often the cost of a professional, two-step process. Also, be very aware that your roots will start to show in a month --or earlier -- and you need to think about whether you 'll re-do the process or let the roots grow.

Yeah. Brunettes are more attractive than blondes in every way, so why you would want to make yourself ugly is totally beyond me.

If concerned, have it professionally done at a salon, at least for your first time.