Aurora asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 5 months ago

Bleaching dark hair... yes or no?

For the longest time I’ve wanted to bleach my brown hair blonde, like a natural light ash blonde. I have brown hair, and I am aware that bleaching is damaging however I feel like because I’m young if I regret I have all the time in my life to grow it out. Just want to try something new. Anything else I should be aware of?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Donald K- that is your opinion not everyone else's. You have the right to say whatever you want/think but you sound like a total judgemental piece of ****. Not sorry

Girl if you want to bleach it blonde, I cannot stress this enough, GET IT DONE AT A SALON. I have dyed and bleached my beautiful brunette hair so many times and I have damaged the **** out of it. I havent dyed it in over a yr and it still doesnt look great but looks a lot better and healthier. My advice would be to leave it alone! But if you are going to dye/bleach it anyway, please please please do it at a salon.

• 5 months ago

I'd STRONGLY encourage you to have it done professionally. The difference between ending up with fried orange straw and silky blonde hair is often the cost of a professional, two-step process. Also, be very aware that your roots will start to show in a month --or earlier -- and you need to think about whether you 'll re-do the process or let the roots grow.

• 5 months ago

Yeah. Brunettes are more attractive than blondes in every way, so why you would want to make yourself ugly is totally beyond me.

• 5 months ago

If concerned, have it professionally done at a salon, at least for your first time.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.