Is climate change and pollution, the price mankind has to pay for being a successful species?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Best answer

Actually, we aren’t that successful of a species, we are destroying our own planet.

The dinosaurs, who lived for millions of years, were far more successful.

Then again, I guess it depends on your definition of success.

• 4 months ago

No, it is the price we pay for being stupid and greedy in terms of how we manage resources on our planet.

• Joe
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

It definitely is not the price for being a successful species. It is the byproduct of a world run by greedy and thoughtless men.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

No but it is the price we are paying for how we've lived.

• 4 months agoReport

Do you think you're a tough guy for hating on the environment? Is that what it takes to be macho in your hood?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Not necessarily. New energy sources do not have to be polluting and will make us even more successful that fossil fuels did.

• 4 months ago

No.

All species that are alive today are equally "successful".

• 4 months ago

NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE

This question is currently being controlled by a bot. How do you know? Check the URL.

A normal Yahoo Answers URL ends with the date and 13 characters. A Yahoo URL with bot script is 10x longer. Check the photo I made of the bot coded URL for this question. Compare it with what you see on your screen.

The bot coded URL has the word *referrer*. That means the question is redirected.

A bot controlled questions can't be moved from its current category. If it is moved to any other category, the bot automatically returns it to Global Warming in ~2 minutes.

You can see this for yourself with your Level 7 account:

Move this question to ANY category

Wait about two minutes

Hit your Refresh button

The question will have returned to Global Wamring

BOT TAGGNG QUESTIONS IS AGAINST YAHOO POLICY.

The paid trolls also bot tag questions opposed to "global warming" belief. The bot moves and KEEPS such questions in category Abuse & Spam.

There is other evidence of bot tagging. Use your Level 7 to randomly check global warming question overs the the past week, using the steps above.

Attachment image
    • Horse4 months agoReport

You have to dig a little deeper to find the botted URL. Then, compare it to what you see right now on your screen.

• 4 months ago

The climate would be changing if we were not here, dont beat yourself up about it, you didnt cause it, you cant stop it

• Kayleen, The OP is a paid troll. Prolly a sock of Super Hans. Check his profile. 2 points in a decade. This troll has DOZENS OF accounts like this.

• JimZ
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Climate always change. The only difference is now we have a lowly group of humans that want power and money and they have created a scheme where they blame anything that happens on their fellow hated human beings and amazingly they lots of gullible ignorant humans believing their rants and lies.

Pollution is often in the eye of the beholder. Our CO2 which we exhale is inhaled by plants and turned into their food and they emit oxygen which we need. Our decaying bodies are food for plants and other organisms. Pollution to humans may be food for plants.

I work as an environmental consultant mostly cleaning up hydrocarbons. Petroleum is a natural substance and is readily eaten by bacteria. Even some quite toxic chemicals are consumed by bacteria. With pollution, it is more about dose. Most pollution will naturally degrade over time. If you are referring to CO2 as pollution, I disagree strongly with that designation and ask why not oxygen too or water?

Pollution is a price to pay to live in a technological world. We polluted when we were hunter gatherers too but we obviously had far less impact. In the US and other developed countries, there is enough money to pay for people like me to keep the pollution to a minimum or if there is a spill, we know how to clean it. We have to decide how much we are willing to spend to keep air and water clean. We spend a great deal and I am happy with that because i want clean air and clean water and I want to keep working.

• 4 months agoReport

I don't know how people like you can live with yourself, you know you're lying but don't care

• 4 months ago

Dinosaurs were a successful species- they lasted well over 100 million years. I doubt humans will last that long.

• The OP is a paid troll. Prolly a sock of Super Hans. Check his profile. 2 points in a decade. This troll has DOZENS OF accounts like this.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.