Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

why's this world so shallow?

people say they only see beautiful/ model looking type cleaners in high ends places for example...

it makes me sad that employers would hire people for their looks even though you're not supposed to discriminate

@David, but it is immoral because it's shallow

@Stanley, sure...lol

Older people can be just as shallow as millennials.

Favorite Answer

I blame society and millennials and the worship of celebrities and stars. In their eyes, everyone is supposed to be a size zero, no acne, have lots of money, and look like a celebrity. They are shallow, narcissistic, selfish, rude, and evil. They do a lot worse than that. They even bully people who don't have the money within the workplace. Sometimes they even hire those who won't last long just so they have people to make fun of. Even worse they support white children and will put them in the manager position before they will give the job to an experienced worker. They support them going to school, and change their hours when they want and are more friendly towards them. (Target is a horrible company to work for. ) I have been bullied, harassed and turned away because I wanted a job and as soon as I told them I wanted to go to school they didn't hire me or made me work so much I couldn't even sign up for school while working. They will, however, help a highschool student who is black who does football for a sport. I am a female of color and I will not say what nationality because I don't want to get harassed for that either.

because... human beings are primarily focused on themselves....everybody else comes after self......

There is nothing wrong with THE WORLD. ;-)

It is not illegal discrimination to consider a candidate's appearance.

• Even if you can't ignore it subconsciously, you can control your actions. Just because humans are visual to a certain extent doesn't mean they should just go along with all their desires.