Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 6 months ago

help with my doctors appointment. don't want mum to know?

I recently lost my virginity and I have a doctors appointment in a few days. They will ask if im sexually active as im getting a vaccine. My mum will be in the room. I can't lie but my mum can't know! what should I do

I cant ask her to wait outside it will be too obvious.

It's really not a question they ask younger girls. There are other ways you can tear a hymen, so don't be afraid if that comes up. Lie if you want about having sex if your mom is there. Explain the loss of hymen as being done through sports activities.

If your old enough to see the doctor/nurse by yourself your parents should allow this as for your age you don’t need them holding your hand.

• Layne

Your mother can be in there in the room if you are talking privately with your doctor. Your mom HAS to leave the room.

• Tavy

You will not be asked this for a vaccine, it has no connection. If they do then say no.

• Lili

They will want to be sure she isn't pregnant. Yes, they do ask about pregnancy.

• alan P

A vaccine for what? I've never been asked about sexual activity when getting a vaccine.

• alan P

Measles Mumps Rubella vaccine is not suitable for someone who is pregnant. Is this what its about? https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccinations/mmr-vaccine/ There's nothing here about being sexually active.

. If you are old enough to want to see the doctor by yourself , you are old enough to do so. And if you are not mature enough to obtain and use birth control properly, you are not mature enough to be sexually active.

• Lili

hi, condoms ARE birth control. Any form of contraceptive is birth control. And the hormone-based contraceptives and IUDs are extremely effective -- up there in the over 95% range when used correctly. IUDs are the most effective form of birth control there is -- about 99% effective.

Hope you both used protection you didn’t state how old you are so I’m guessing you maybe under age I’m guessing.

That is a very unlikely question for someone that's only getting a vaccine.

• Lili

Wrong. With certain vaccines, they need to be sure the patient is not pregnant.

• kelvin

they will not ask you that

• Eva

If you're old enough to have sex, you're old enough to have your doctor's appointment without your mother in the room.