Pregnant or not pregnant?? Should I be worried.....?

So I've been with my partner for almost a year. I'm very on top of my pill taking it everyday. It's the non hormonal pill, so it cant stop my periods.

Last month I had an odd period for one day but it was very brown and lasted less than usual.

I've been bloated and not been as energetic as usual. But to be fair for past few months me and my boyfriend have been lazy with our diet so it's been pretty off and on. We did a pregnancy test and was false.

But I've felt off all month, more snappy etc and been ill a couple of times but it's been a bit stressful for me lately.

I stopped taking my pill as my usual cycle for 3 almost 4 days now... And no show of my period.... Could it be pregnancy or should I be worried it could be something else??

• Edna

EVERY birth control pill is a hormonal pill, but not all birth control pills "stop" your periods. The birth control pill you're taking has to be a specifically-prescribed pill, in order for it to "stop" your periods. That type of pill is referred to as "continuous" birth control.

If you stopped taking your birth control pills for 3 or 4 days during your pill cycle, then of course you could have gotten pregnant. You have to TAKE the pill, in order for it to prevent pregnancy.

If you haven't begun a "period" in the next couple of weeks, then take a pregnancy test and find out If you're pregnant.

"False" or negative? That makes a difference. Go see a doctor to find out what's really going on. The tests they do in clinics are far more sensitive than the OTC variety.

The only way to find out is to take a pregnancy test. If you cannot afford one, you can go to your local Dollar Tree and buy on for a dollar. They are just as effective.

• Mikey

You do know there are tests for such things, no?

• Ellie3 months agoReport

I did say I did a pregnancy test