Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

What can i do about this woman trying to lie on me again?

My pregnant ex girlfriend's mom(Patricia) tried to file a restraining order that was filled with lies. Where she said i threatened to kill her, my unborn child, and my pregnant ex girlfriend. When we went to court the judge reviewed the evidence i provided and went off because she believed Patricia was lying. (which she was) the restraining order was dissolved. Now what do i do because she threatened in court that she would have her daughter file. She's been wanting to get my custody taken. I feel nervous that she will try to lie again. I don't wanna have to keep going to court for her lies. I have a lawyer that i like but i don't want to keep paying him lol. What can i do to stop her from her behavior.

You say you have a lawyer that you like, I would recommend asking him/her what you should do. They would be much more familiar with the particulars of your case and what state laws there are to protect you from further action on her part.

Just behave in such a way that you never provide them any evidence to file again. It sounds like maybe your girlfriend is making the tragic mistake of thinking she can keep and raise this child. In which case you'd just take her to court and demand shared custody the moment the kid is born. She may leave your name off the birth certificate in which case you'll have to demand a DNA test to prove paternity. What a messed up way for a kid to start life.

The woman is using the legal system as a weapon against you. If there's another hearing for a RO, be sure to point that out.

• Maxi

"She's been wanting to get my custody taken" ....you do not have any custody until there is a child born and if this person is still pregnant and being unmarried your biggest 'worry' should be will she allow you to put your name on the birth cert when it is born as if not you will have to go to court to prove you are the parent before ANY visitation is arranged and you will very unlikely get any 'custody'........ she is your 'ex gf' you should not be involved with her mother or stressing your ex gf out

not knowing where you are, we don't know what legal remedies may be possible. if you have iron clad proof [third persons who witnessed the event and will testify] that some of her claims are fabricated, you may be able to sue her for slander

Prayer is always good. When im under stress dealing with people i pray to Jehovah. Philippians 4:6,7

• Eva

Your lawyer should know how to sue them for libel and/or bring charges against them for harassment.

"What can i do to stop her from her behavior." Short of killing her? Nothing. By the way, I highly recommend against killing her. You can not control the behavior of others, only your own.