Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 9 months ago

Did this happen to you when you moved out for the first time, is this normal?

At home my mom would leave me be giving me my space and privacy. However, she would still talk to me too she never ignored me

Now that i live on my own my mom texts me daily sends me video chats and stuff. Never had i had a free day without her texting me 24/7. She knew when my work breaks are so my phone would blow up for the whole 30 minutes every day with messages from her. Im not mad but is this normal?

My fiancés mom doesnt text him or call him daily.

By the way my phone was blowing up with messages from her whike typing this post...

Stop entertaining her and tell her stop calling so much. Point blank parentheses have lessons to learn to

It pretty obvious she misses you a lot since you moved out

• Elle

I believe you are a smart guy. I also believe you're tender hearted and haven't used your NO button with them. There is NO shame in using limits and boundaries with the mamas'. Write and tell them "No more texting or calls AT ALL!" It may take them a little while but, you and your honey come first. If you don't deal with them right now, its only going to get worse with time.

• RICK

Nope

I sometimes went months without seeing or talking my parents

dont sound normal but at least you still have your mom around, wish i did

read texts in case there is actually an important one..... but do not reply..... send calls to voice mail.......respond way later........ when asked why... just say you receive so many that you can only respond to "important" ones right away............ or................you could just be blunt and tell her to knock it the hell off

She must miss you. I don’t know how long you have been out of her house for but if it hasn’t been that long then give her some more time to get used to you not being there. My mum used to call me everyday and I found it really annoying.

If you are the first or only child in the home that has left, I would say it is not uncommon. Sometimes a mom needs time to figure out what to do when they figure out their kid is actually an adult and can take care of themselves. Maybe reaching out is a way for her to still feel like she's part of your life and gives her purpose, even if you don't need her help and protection anymore.

My one and only moved out and although I have a career and a separate life, it was hard for me to figure out how to be a "mom" to someone that is smart, hard working, and able to fend for themselves. I wish you both good luck!