Are there any countries or cultures in the world that don’t slut-shame?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Not likely. For some reason humans really care about how much sex other people are having and with whom. I don't get it but it seems relatively consistent. I mean I do get "it" but I don't understand why humans are so obsessed with OTHER people's sex lives.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Yes. Apparently the Masaï don't even have word for "virgin" because sexual activity from the onset of puberty is considered normal.

Here in "the west" we have anarchists and hippies encouraging "free love"

• Justin
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Vatican City. That is because there aren't any 'sluts' there.

Of course, in Africa it is common for the regional 'whore' to lay on the outskirts of villages servicing anyone who arrives without showing discrimination. She never leaves and she is highly prized, not 'shamed' by anyone. That only happens when she tries to leave or live anywhere else.

Having a 'Red Light' district makes the most sense to me. That way everyone knows exactly what entering means and 'ladies' can be found everywhere else BUT the Red Light district. Choice is maintained, 'sluts' are not shamed for doing what they wish, they live in actual houses with other people, (not on roadsides), and they do their work separately from ladies. When we develop a 'universal Red Light distinct' we 'shame' women, either by trying to turn them into sluts through social pressure, or by trying to turn sluts into 'ladies' through social pressure.

That ends up being bad for everyone.

• 4 months ago

Of course there are. Not everyone is as puritanical and sexually repressed as the West are.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 months ago

Nope. A slut will always be thought of as such.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.