I am legally changing my first name. How do I go about annoucing my new name to my boss, co-workers and clients?

I have worked for the same company for 10 years. There is no HR department to address this question either as I AM the HR person.

You'll need to provide whatever entity does your payroll and benefits with the official name change decree. Then just send out a mass email announcing how you'd like to be addressed going forward.

So you are the HR Dept but you have NO standard policy for what do to when there is a name change? So if ANYONE else did it then HR has no way to handle it? If they do then that is how YOU handle it when it is YOU. If the goal is that HR informs people then guess what, YOU inform people just like it was anyone else. If there is NO policy in place then you now establish one. I would stick with the simplest one of you/HR informing people there has been a name change and this is the one that is to be used now.

• PAMELA

Just send an e mail to everyone!

• Tavy

Erm ,,,, By telling them or emailing. Not difficult is it ?

"How do I go about annoucing my new name to my boss, co-workers and clients?" Get your computer person to update your display name for your email and send an email to everyone you work with announcing the change. Make a sign for your door. Disengage your butt from your chair and go tell people.

just talk to them just talk to them