I am hearing a water gurgling noise when I turn my car off in garage afer a few errands.....what might be my problem?

I only drive a few miles a day to do errands. Can't hear that sound during errands. No overheated light turning on. Can't find any water leakage.

• hart

"steam" yahoo answare is the problem

Thats fine mine does it all the time

That's hot soak. When the engine is off and there is no coolant circulation, coolant in the hottest part of the engine may boil for a short time. Tomorrow, before you start the engine and it's stone cold, check the coolant level in the radiator and refill as necessary. If the overflow tank is lower than the cold line, add water up to that level. Find the coolant leak and fix it. If your car has more than 100,000 miles the water pump might have started leaking.

Does your 'car' have a make/model/year?

Other answers sound right - let it cool off and check your coolant level.

• Scott

You're probably hearing water going into the coolant overflow reservoir. Wait until the engine is cool, then open the radiator cap and check your coolant level.

• Geo

REPLACE the Reservoir Cap.

So have you removed the radiator cap to check the antifreeze level? You're hearing air in the cooling system. Run the motor for 15 minutes with the radiator cap off and top up the coolant as the air is purged. You either do have a leak or else the head gasket is leaking and you're burning antifreeze.

The temperature gauge isn't accurate with air in the cooling system and you may be over heating the motor without knowing it!

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

i would have a mechanic check it out

(Asker) 95 Caddy Deville

Nothing, Just vacuum developing in cooling that sucks water from overflow.

Check levels after fully cooled.

• rmm

Might all be normal - my small pickup makes those sounds in my garage too, but I never notice it "outside".

Have your fluids checked, maybe a thermostat stuck, but probably all is OK.