Is it normal to get into sports through a video game?

The game Madden 2000 for the N64 made me more attention to football. Though over the years I lost interest but I'm being more inclined to start watching it more since my team is winning so I guess that makes me not a true fan of football? But still...I'm trying to pay more attention to it...

Favorite Answer

It’s normal. I’m not really a soccer fan but FIFA has gotten me into it somewhat.

It used to be the other way around, but it's becoming more normal.

i think thats normal

• Kyle

don't force it if it's not there. you can still be a casual fan and watch and follow when you have time. you don't need to become a hardcore fan and live and breathe football if that's not your style. nothing wrong with that.

No, that's usually the way out (and a way into a lifetime of obesity).

P.S. - I thought that "getting into sports" meant actually doing it. Silly me. IMHO doing is always way better than either watching or playing on video.