Why are blenders and mixers so expensive?

I can't believe that a blender costs $600

• WOOWHO
    Favorite Answer

Question # 1 WHY ( provide a reason ) are blenders SO expensive ?

Statement # 1 I can't BELIEVE that a blender cost $ 600 .

EXPENSIVE ( dictionary ) high in price ..... very SUBJECTIVE has no specificity vague ..

... Reason why some blenders are PRICED higher than others a list of reasons because

that is what the MARKET will allow .

. better quality materials

advertising cost.

...workers wages

cost of living in the region

production cost parts ..

. a PRESIDENT putting TARIFFS (a TAX ) on imported parts or goods

AMAZON is advertising a BLENDTEC "designer " 725 model blender for $ 621.06 with FREE shipping

the Q series is advertised for $ 843.57 from Restaurant Tory...

.. where as BELK is advertising the NINJA "professional " for $ 20.00 apparently there are different grades of Blenders ..

.. Home / personal use and COMMERCIAL quality

'blame it on trump tarriffs' you people are pinheads

blenders can be had for 5 lousy dollars,maybe ten,,go out and look for them,quit ragging,,thrift shops have everything from furs to electronics

you have to spend some time searching

Cheap ones are cheap. Durable good ones cost more money. More functions, more money.

Mixing is the most difficult, tedious and messy job. Apart from mixing dough and batters, they can chop, slice, whip, make ice creams, pasta, ravioli and others. Though stand mixers are a bit expensive than hand mixers, having these extra attachments make it affordable.

• Anna E

You can find blenders and mixers much cheaper. Of course the quality is not as good and they may not do as many things, but unless you run a smoothie shop or sell your baked goods, it is not necessary to buy a Vita Mix blender or Kitchen Aid stand mixer for your home.

• denise

Good quality ones are more costly than discount stores ones, I suppose it depends what you need to use it for, the quality [expensive ones] will probably last longer & have a longer guarantee.

Well then don't buy it. There's always some idiot who thinks he needs XYZ. While you bought a $3000 knife, the place where you buy a $30 hamburger, they have a big box from Amazon of chefs knives in the storeroom that works out to $3 each.

cause they like to take advantage of you, try amazon, you can get a used one there

Same for coffee makers, or cars. Does anyone really need a car that costs $2 million? Or a coffemaker that costs $500?

• Da6 months agoReport

My hot beverage machine retailed for $1,000.

I got it for free (from work)

Because there are fools that buy them.

You don’t need a $600 blender. I have never in 60 years owned a $600 blender. Get a blender that is metal on metal where the base attaches to the top and get glass not plastic. You can get a blender like that for $30 at Costco.

I have probably owned ... 5-6 blenders in my life. 2 or 3 I’ve bought new, the others I’ve bought second hand. So worst case I’ve spent about $120 on blenders in my entire life - and had the other few hundred dollars for other things.

• Mark

I've never seen a blender that expensive. They are usually sold for under $50. Even those "Vitamix" blenders which have heating elements don't cost so much.

• Casey Y

Vitamix Pro (not even the actual commercial grade one) is $550 on Amazon...