Why doesn't our news media do stories.about the strain illegal aliens are putting on our health care system?

I never hear anything, it is a story ripe for telling. I saw it first hand yesterday when I went to a dentist who supposedly gives care to lower income people which I am

It was packed with Mexicans, everybody speaking Spanish. I was denied a reduced cost for their service and they charged me 95 just for the visit. I was told I needed a root canal a filling and a crown and it had to be paid in advance before they would proceed.

Favorite Answer

Easy. Because there is no difference between our news media and the democrat party. They have the same agenda. Open borders. Do you think they're going to do stories about the costs of illegal immigration to the American tax payer, not to mention all the other harm it's doing? If they did, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot.

• Pippin

No, the 'same agemda' is truth and honesty. Nobody wants open borders.

Totally erroneous assumption that you know nothing about. And places for decades have offered services on the ability to pay. Your cost sounds pretty reasonable by the way, and you are free to try a dental school for lessor fees. You are making wild accusations and hating based off of some really bad propaganda.

• Pippin

All lower income people are illegal? Really? All Spanish speakers are illegal?

Yep -- $100 sounds typical for a standard cleaning and check-up. And if you don't have dental insurance and/or a long history with the practice (where you have demonstrated your ability and willingness to pay bills on time) they may well request payment, or at least a downpayment, up front.

If you think your income is low enough to entitle you to a sliding scale, ask again. Ask what the income cut-off is.

But none of this has to do with undocumented immigrants. If the dentist chooses to offer lower cost care to patients who can't afford the full-fee, how is this BAD? He's doing a good thing for the community.

Curious how you knew they were illegal?? If you went to a place that used a sliding fee scale and were denied a reduced cost, then you are luckier than those who can't afford such a service, its all a matter of perspective.

You have no idea what each paid or didn't pay, who was free or why, or what their immigration status is.

Also curious what news sources you use? Any right wing news source loves to pound people with nonsensical numbers, how can you have missed this??? Use unbiased sources such as PEW, more than one source to get the most accurate picture we can get based on what we know.

Have you really tried to find a cost vs benefit chart on the contributions of undocumented because most who like to dehumanize people from the south of our border refuse to see that reality is nothing like they wish to believe.