How was the American industry able to produce over 500,000 trucks during WW2? That is madness?

I studied the economic side of WW2 and I read that America was able to produce over 500,000 trucks and nearly 80,000 was sent to Soviet Union! this is why in late stages of the war 1944-45 the Soviets were able to advance so fast and catch up to the retreating Germans who were still heavily reliant on horses. Even... show more I studied the economic side of WW2 and I read that America was able to produce over 500,000 trucks and nearly 80,000 was sent to Soviet Union! this is why in late stages of the war 1944-45 the Soviets were able to advance so fast and catch up to the retreating Germans who were still heavily reliant on horses. Even honest generals like Zhukov and Rokosovsky later said that had it not been for American trucks the liberation of Eastern Europe would have been delayed for nearly a year.

America also provided Britain with over 100,000 trucks! most of which was used in North Africa! this is why the British were able to get the supplies out to their troops so much quicker than the Germans who again had to rely on horses (mostly).

If someone tells me that even during a war time a country is able to produce 500,000 trucks I will tell that person that they are mad! that they see ghosts! this simply cannot be possible.