Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 6 months ago

After quiting ,Does smoking one cigarette mean that you have to start all over ?

• RICK
    Favorite Answer

No

You cash smoke that one and quit again

Its funny, I only smoke when we go to the Philippines, which now that I'm retired can last a few months, i smoke out of boredom. I quit when I board the plane for home and never have as much as much as a single craving.

I would think that, if all a person is going to smoke is one cigarette, it would just be a momentary relapse. But if a person continues smoking after that first one, then i guess they will have to start over if they want to quit the habit.

Yes. You will never truly get away from the cravings, they will always haunt you.

"Quitting" only lasts until you light up again. Once you've crossed this line, you just as much of a smoker as you were in the first place. Note that I'm not saying that you smoke as much, only that you're back to being a smoker as though you never quit in the first place. So, yes, you do have to start over - and you'll keep having to start over until you can let go of them for good.

• P

It is for most people, but I suppose it depends how easy it was for you to quit in the first place.

• Murzy

you are a puff away from a pack a day