Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 6 months ago

After quiting ,Does smoking one cigarette mean that you have to start all over ?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No

You cash smoke that one and quit again

Its funny, I only smoke when we go to the Philippines, which now that I'm retired can last a few months, i smoke out of boredom. I quit when I board the plane for home and never have as much as much as a single craving.

• 6 months ago

I would think that, if all a person is going to smoke is one cigarette, it would just be a momentary relapse. But if a person continues smoking after that first one, then i guess they will have to start over if they want to quit the habit.

• 6 months ago

Yes. You will never truly get away from the cravings, they will always haunt you.

• 6 months ago

"Quitting" only lasts until you light up again. Once you've crossed this line, you just as much of a smoker as you were in the first place. Note that I'm not saying that you smoke as much, only that you're back to being a smoker as though you never quit in the first place. So, yes, you do have to start over - and you'll keep having to start over until you can let go of them for good.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It is for most people, but I suppose it depends how easy it was for you to quit in the first place.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

you are a puff away from a pack a day

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.