Why when women give birth, they feel like the child is just theirs and not the man’s as well?

I’m a 23 year old man and I have decided that I do not want kids in the future. It’s because I know how women are when they give birth. Most women think that when they give birth to a child, that the child just belongs to them..when it doesn’t. When a man and a woman break up, the woman always leaves and takes the child with her. Why are women like that? Just because the baby grew in you doesn’t mean it’s belongs just to you. Remember it takes 2 people to tango. What do you guys think about this?

Favorite Answer

I'm a 27 year old woman and I personally believe that yes even though the baby is in my body that doesn't mean its just my baby, I would not have gotten pregnant without him

Sounds like you have womb envy. When you can grow a baby inside a body, I'll care what you think. As of now, the women are right.

I think that more men could become hands-on fathers. That's what i think.

I know (only a few) men who are hands-on fathers and i have also noticed they are some of the most compassionate people i have ever known.

I'm decades older than 23.

• amy6 months agoReport

Nobody f*cking cares Patricia

because giving birth is something incredibly powerful and amazing for women. the mother carries a baby in her womb for such a long amount of time which causes her to develop a strong, unbreakable bond with the baby. thats what my mother explained to me, its just such a strong feeling they have towards the baby, if you dont give birth, you wont ever be able to understand it.

that being said, if a woman and a man breaks up that doesnt mean she should stop him from seeing the child, thats just completely wrong and evil. no matter what happened in their relationship to cause them to break up, the father still has every right to be in the childs life too.

You need to meet a nice woman, get to know her before settling down into a relationship and getting married, both before you even start thinking about children. Keep an eye out for any obvious red flags (you'll recognize them based on the fact that they're obvious) and if you're convinced that she might actually be worth something as a partner, then you can get her pregnant and after she gives you a son you challenge her to a duel. If you win you get to keep the child(ren).

Given your jaundiced view of motherhood you've made the right decision to remain childless.

You can have hundreds of children in your life, biologically any way. With all the pleasure involved. A woman has the ability to have very limited number of children, with all the pain of child birth. So things are Not equal

• God

I think you are immature like most people your age.

• Iampro

How do men feel when they write their own surname on the birth certificate of a child they did not gestate, birth or nurse?

They view men as sex objects ans not as partners. Such women won't consider their husbands as caregivers of their child. These problems exists most in Black communities.

• Edwena

Probably because the man is not providing support. To ask the question infers you are not aware of the father's role in raising kids.