HalloImDaBoi asked in PetsDogs · 3 months ago

I know this is a bit excessive but I read online that salty olives can harm dogs and I fed my dog a mere 2 and I was just wondering?

I could think of alot worst things that a dog could eat.... I doubt very much two salted olives would harm your dog seriously, but could possibily give an upset stomache and a bit of diarrhea.... now your aware just dont give him/her olives again. There is certain foods that are not good for dogs

EG-

chocolate

Avacado

Onions

GArlic

Grapes and Rasins

Peaches and plums

Salts

Bread

etc etc.....

These things are specifically known to be bad for dogs

But dont worry......we learn as we go on....

• Maxi

Olives are not toxic to dogs however nor are they any use to them, an excess of salt is not useful at all, but 2 are not going to hurt the dog....... however not sure why you wold ever give a dog something like that.... a piece of banana, apple, strawberry ( oe other soft fruit) a raw bone all great for dogs...but remember a dog will eat anything it sees you 'like' but only give dogs anything that is benefical to them

Just remember dogs are carnivorous & that human food can harm a dog. Too much salt over time is harmful. Never heard of a dog seeking out an olive tree to eat the olives. Little bits of anything is usually harmless, usually. There are always exception to the rule, like people who are allergic to peanuts, just a little be can cause severe reaction.

• Jack H

No, your dog might throw up, nothing else, don't give regularly though...

No two isn’t very many