Could someone identify what charges could be brought against Emma (murder or manslaughter and why?) Thanks?

Emma and Suzie had been best friends and housemates for years, until Emma started going out with David and spending less time with Suzie. Suzie became very jealous and decided to try to get David and Emma to break up. She told Emma that David had been cheating on her. Emma confronted David, accusing him of... show more Emma and Suzie had been best friends and housemates for years, until Emma started going out with David and spending less time with Suzie. Suzie became very jealous and decided to try to get David and Emma to break up. She told Emma that David had been cheating on her. Emma confronted David, accusing him of cheating.

David became upset and angry and pushed Emma away from him. Emma fell over, bruising her legs. Suzie told Emma that David must be violent as well as a cheater. Emma and Suzie sat up all night in the kitchen, drinking and talking about all the ways in which David had hurt Emma. Suzie also put drugs in Emma’s drink, hoping that Emma would become more angry.

In morning, David came to Emmas house to check on her. Emma was tired and confused after spending the night drinking. When Emma realised David was at the door, she grabbed a knife and rushed out, saying ‘I won’t let him hurt me again!’. She yelled at David not to come near her, saying that he was violent, and waving the knife around. David tried to approach her to calm her down, but that just made Emma more agitated. As David came near her, he was cut with the knife and he fell down dead.

When Suzie realised what was happening she cried out, ‘Stop, Emma! You’re not yourself! I made up those stories about David cheating! And I spiked your drinks!’

Hearing this, Emma suddenly felt furious that Suzie had lied to her. Overcome with anger and grief, she turned around and stabbed Suzie with the knife, killing her.
0