billy asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdoption · 3 months ago

I’m 21 can I adopt a baby new born by myself I have a full time job make $13.68 an hour live with my parents wanna know steps to do so?

• Ocimom

Sorry but your financial status would prohibit you from adoption at this time. Most adoption agencies want a mother and father - not a single parent and living with your parents is against you.

Your grasp of reality is tenuous at best. You understand nothing of the realities of life. If your parents agree with this plan, they are as clueless as you are.

• GB

No problem.

Reborn Full Body Realistic Doll Lifelike Baby Doll | Oxfam GB‎

Adwww.oxfam.org.uk/‎

Rating for oxfam.org.uk: 4.5 - Order accuracy: 95–100%

We won’t live with poverty. Join the movement to end it. Free returns in 21 days. Bringing hope in disaster. Delivery £3.95 Per Order. Life-changing work. Put an end to poverty.

Get InvolvedMake A Regular DonationMake A Single DonationMake A Regular Gift

No, you can't.

$13.68/hour isn't nearly enough to raise a child and support yourself. You live with your parents but want to parent someone else? Get an apartment or house of your own and take care of all your bills for a while. You'll see it's not easy to support one person on that salary, let alone two. And who is going to take care of the baby when you're working? Daycare is expensive; especially for infants. Why bother adopting/having a baby if you're going to have someone else raise her?

Most young women who decide to surrender their newborns for adoption do it because they're single and don't have support. Why on earth would a pregnant woman choose another single person to raise her child? There's not a chance in hell you'll be chosen.

Grow up, move out, and have your own baby.

Best way is probably to find a pregnant mother willing to do a birth placement to you... maybe. Look up the procedure in your state code. Ya gotta know where you live, first.

• Kelly

You probably cannot pass a home study right now and an expectant parent is unlikely to choose you at this stage in your life.

In most modern adoptions the expectant parent(s) choose the adoption parents and most are unlikely to pick someone who isn't independent (lives with parents), unmarried and has a low income because for many that's the same situation they are in and don't feel they can adequately parent the child. They want a better life for their baby that they can't provide to them where they are in life.

For every baby expected to be placed for adoption, there is 40 applicants for that baby. The competition is quite stiff. I'll use my personal situation as an example of the competition .. My husband and I have been married for 16 years, we own a home (several actually), we are both very well educated, my husband is a Physician and I'm an IT Engineer. Both of us have 6 figure incomes, but we can also live quite well off just his income and I could be a stay at home parent if I wanted to. We also have adopted before. We can give a child a stable home life and quite honestly at the risk of sounding uppity or bragging we can offer a child a privileged life and upbringing. Our family is complete so we're not looking to adopt any more, I'm just using us as an example. There's a lot of couples like us waiting and even single people who are very well established that can offer a child the same thing we can.

Adopting a newborn in the US through a private adoption costs a good $25,000 give or take. Plus you're required to pay for the expectant parents legal fees (their attorney) and you may be required to pay some of the expectant mothers pregnancy related expenses things like food, rent, cell phone bills, doctor copays and things like that. If the mother changes her mind and decides to parent after she gives birth, you're not reimbursed any of those expenses you've paid for her.

A home study is about $1000-3000 and that consists of criminal background check, fingerprints, financial disclosures, 3-5 references, interviews with you, a physical from a physician, parenting classes, and a physical inspection of the home. Since other adults live in your home, they have to be part of the home study too. They would be subjected to the background check & fingerprinting and interviews.

I actually did adopt as a single parent and at the time I was living with my mom. I moved back in with her after my dad died to help her financially and with some medical issues she was having. I was who was financing the household and the few years I was there I paid her house off. I didn't have any problems passing the home study, but I was also older than you and more experienced and established in life.

Another way is a direct placement adoption, generally where the expectant parents know you. That still requires a home study and legal fees. This would be a few thousand dollars (usually in legal fees).

The last way is foster care. Foster care adoptions are usually free or low cost. There's still a home study, but a home study done via foster care is free. It's unlikely though to get an infant or newborn, most kids free and clear for adoption in foster care are over 3 years old but it can happen.

If adoption is in your heart. it still will be when you're older and more established in life. I knew when I was young that I wanted to adopt and when I was in the right position in life ... I did.

Ask your local adoption agencies.

Personally, I would adopt twins and name them Hansel and Gretel.

• AVDADDY

You've obviously been breathing in too many unicorn farts.

• audrey

No. You need a house or apartment of your own to start with. You must pay all your own bills, have a stable decent paying job. There are many, many requirements. Do your research in your state to find out all the other things you need.

Given that 2 months ago you asked a question about combining alcohol and Adderall, I don't think you are ready to be a parent.